Workshop manual

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by olderandfaster, Jan 11, 2007.

1. olderandfaster

olderandfaster New Member

Hi,

I've searched here and on the 'other' site for recommendations on a workshop manual for a 2006. Haynes, Clymer, Honda. Can't find anything. Haynes seems to go to 2005. Anyone have a book, and a source?

Thanks

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I have a factory service manual for my 93. I got it on e-bay, but you can get them from Helm Inc, I believe. For best results, I'd say get the Honda manual, plus either the Haynes or the Clymer.

3. Florida

Florida New Member

Map
    I have both manuals.

Helm, Inc. sells the factory shop manual for $60. http://www.helminc.com/helm/product...ype=N&mscsid=162DDUVB8FH19NUWXJEHJAGSE2222JB8

I also have Haynes' Manual purchased from J&P Cycles for $24. http://www.jpcycles.com/catalog/2006MetricCatalog/0552.html On anomaly is that J&P's print catalog has it for $24 while their web site lists it for $35. I simply called their toll-free number and got it for $24 plus shipping.

Personally, I prefer the Haynes Manual. It is written from a do-it-yourselfer's point of view. Has lots more photographs, too. Plus it is cheaper. On the other hand, the factory manual is the size of the yellow pages. Presumably it is the authoritative source of information.

4. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

I have all three for my 86 VFR700F2; Honda, Haynes, & Clymer. At present I only Have the Factory Service Manual for my '06, I got my Honda dealer to throw it in when I bought the bike. I did not know the haynes manual was out, yet. I will be ordering the haynes today.
    This is a great site, so much information. And I don't ever believe that too much information is a bad thing. especially when your working on a machine that you intend to drive at speeds that would kill/maim you. it had better be right.

5. olderandfaster

olderandfaster New Member

Thanks,

I ordered the Haynes today. JP wouldn't do it for their $24 + shipping price, they wanted $35 + shipping, so I ordered it from www.clutchlevers.com $19.95 + $6.90 shipping.

6. Nailer45

Nailer45 New Member

Get the factory Honda service manual its worth every penny...Its model specific and it contains better info than haynes or clymer...try RON AYERS.com or just go to the local Honda stealership