Wrecked 04 VFR800

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by lwdg2002, Dec 2, 2007.

1. lwdg2002

lwdg2002 New Member

I made a bad investment a few years ago, going in as a parnter with Sportbike rentals.com. A friend and I financed a few bikes and Sportbike rentals rented them. We would get 50% of the proffit on these bikes after expenses. I made approx $600.00 over the first few months off of my VFR800. It was wrecked in 2005 after having it rented for less than 6 months. Well I stopped getting money, and never could get a hold of the owners. This went on for a couple of years, and they messed up my credit, so I went out yesterday and got my bike. It's missing the gas tank, and needs all of the front plastic, and r side case. I think it was layed down and flopped over. I owe $1800.00 on it still and they refuse to turn it in to their insurance at the time of the accident. I'm going to need some help getting parts for this thing. I'll post some pics later. Fter reading some of these posts, it would be worth fixing. Thanks mark

2. kia001

kia001 New Member

Yes, you can fix it quite easily. I have fixed two 2006 VFRs recently. Be patient and scour e-bay. Also, I have some wheels, rotors and some misc other items I will be putting up this week. Headlights will be a bit of a job finding but not impossible.

You have four years in most states to file a small claims case for breach of contract. So you might have time to file against your former partner and if successful, you can file the judgment against his insurance.

But you'll need to move quickly.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    dude, that totally sux. I would follow kia's advice about trying to recoup some of your losses. I assume you bike was a 6th gen given the dates you mentioned? I have a tank for a 5th gen and a couple other parts, but they won't work for your bike unfortunately.