Wanted WTB/BUYING 4th Gen ('94-97) Forks + Triple Tree and Front Rim (maybe with tires)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by 1wsnt, Sep 4, 2019.

1. 1wsnt

1wsnt New Member

United States
    Hello everybody!

As the title states I'm currently searching for Forks + Triple Tree and Front Rim (maybe with tires) for my 4th gen. Please don't hesitate to contact me here or at 626-890-9698 if you guys have one for sale or know where to find one.

Or if anybody has any advice for other models that fit easily on the RC36-II, please let me know! Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you all, very much appreciated!
    Kevin (1WsNt)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. 1wsnt

1wsnt New Member

United States
    Bump with an edit, now looking for a Front Fairing Assembly instead of a cowl (found, thank you guys!)

3. bk94si

bk94si Insider

United States
    Can't speak to fit but I just bought one on ebay. Place in Poland is making fiberglass reproductions. It is going to be a project for me to paint it in the next few months.

4. Brian Rodgers

Brian Rodgers New Member

United States
    Map
    Would you post a link to the Polish fairing reproduction company, please?
    Brian

5. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Insider

United States
    Map
    Really liking your avatar Kevin!

1wsnt likes this.
  6. bk94si

bk94si Insider

United States
  7. 1wsnt

1wsnt New Member

United States
    Bump, thank you all for your comments and suggestions! I found an almost perfect front fairing assembly, and I saw your post bk94si but I was looking for one that was already painted and ready to put on.

Now I am searching for forks + triple tree as well as a front rim. Unless somebody has another suggestion for a model motorcycle that is easily replaceable for the VFR, I would also love to hear it!

Thanks everybody in advance

8. squirrelman#1

squirrelman#1 New Member

United States
    after any wheel / fork hit to the front end you'll need to inspect steering head for cracks and replace the dented head bearings.

1wsnt likes this.
  9. 1wsnt

1wsnt New Member

United States
    Appreciate the advice, I didn't know that. Thankfully my mechanic is extremely competent and took apart the whole front in for inspection. I trust that man with my life. But I will keep that in mind if/when I finally learn to do all the work myself. Thank you!

10. squirrelman#1

squirrelman#1 New Member

United States
    there's a story behind all the damage, care to share ? :mrpac: :rolleyes:

11. 1wsnt

1wsnt New Member

United States
    Don't want to bump this thread too much and push other users' posts down but yes, I was riding a little bit too spiritedly; a little too cocky. Was doing Glendora Mountain Road in my area and I was killing the uphill segments. Trailbraking very well (though I'm not an expert by any means), and was trying to learn the technique where racers will almost "drift" the rear tire through a turn, either from heavy rear brake or heavy downshifting/engine braking. But alas when I was on the downhill run, I forgot to take into account how much easier it is to gain speed, and how much harder it is to lose it. Was on a straight right before a sweeping turn and couldn't bleed enough speed. Almost straightened out the bike, right next to the barrier but I hit it at the very end, causing me to go down. I ended up on top of the barrier. Thankfully I'm still young (and dumb. Really, really dumb.) so my body is healing rather well. But now I know to save these types of maneuvers for the track. Definitely won't be making this same mistake again. Biggest hit to my ego was hurting such a beautiful, legendary bike. I think about it everyday and hang my head low. But we all learn from our mistakes I suppose. Again, just being young and dumb. And a little too cocky. Haha

P.S. the bike in my profile picture isn't the bike I hurt. I just found it online and used it because it's such a beauty. I have a basic North American red '95 RC36-II. Mostly stock, but I know how awesome the bike is and hope people here won't judge me because of it. We are all learning, always

squirrelman#1 likes this.
  12. mello dude

mello dude Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry about your mishap on your bike. - -You could also drop in a Super Hawk -- VTR1000 front end with zero problems. Triples, forks, brakes, wheel, fender, master cylinder.
    Use either your 4th gen clip-ons or SH if you want lower.

1wsnt likes this.
  13. 1wsnt

1wsnt New Member

United States
    That's some really good information, thank you brotha! Will definitely keep that in mind.