WTB: VFR 1000 R motor/wiring/carbs

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by VT Viffer, Jun 26, 2012.

1. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    Everyone -

Is there anyone out there with a mechanically complete VFR 1000 R (not an "F" model) that they are willing to part with? Cosmetics and frame/fork condition are totally unimportant - I need the engine and the stuff to run it.

I have a buddy in Ontario, California, who is building a sand rail from the ground up. I suggested that he use the VFR 1000 R motor in it because it's damn near bullet proof, has gear-driven cams, and sounds like a SBC motor.

Reply to this thread or e-mail me at krazykarguy at hotmail dot com.

Thanks!

2. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

actually the only thing bad with the r is the second gear the motor has so much torque that it chews the dogs right off of it over time.. if hes building a sand rail and going to use a 1kr then dont romp on it to hard through 3rd then get to hammering. i have 2 bikes setting now without 2nd and 3 motors chillin 1 doesnt have 2nd but the other 2 are low mile motors so second should be good in them but they are for my projects.. personally if i were him i would toss a 86 gixxer 1100 in there and get the prox super jugger kit for it that will bring the disp up to about 1900 cc and you talk about a beast. done that to my solo glamis buggy years ago and that thing still runs today. talk about a beast. just gotta have the radiator for it. and the tranny is nice and solid in the beast to. talk about a monstor of a motor..