X-Mas Gift? DSR-100 Camera System

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by VFR Girl, Dec 10, 2006.

1. VFR Girl

VFR Girl New Member

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.handsfreedirect.com/dsr100.html

Looking for a x-mas gift for my man.... (plus I can borrow it :biggrin: )

Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Better system around? This one looks pretty easy to set up and use...

2. jarhead777

jarhead777 New Member

My only concern would be that the size of the picture might be too small for you. Other than that it looks real cool.

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    That's cool. Wish I could afford one of those. And with the capability of adding an SD card you can record more and/or longer vids. :thumb:

4. VFR Girl

VFR Girl New Member

Do you mean on the display? Hmmm, that is a good point. let me think.... The camera would mainly be used for "record your ride" types of things where you wouldn't really be looking at the display. I think the only time the display would really be used would be during a ride to check and see if a certain vid should be deleted to make room for another video. Solution- more memory cards :tongue: (as v-man said above).

So nobody has heard anything about this particular camera? I saw a vid on line produced using the camera and the quality seemed really good and clear. However, it seems to be the only thing like it (camera specifically for bikes) unless you guys have seen any others.... it's nice to have options.

5. WhiteKnight

United States
    Map
    I have looked online at the ones offered by twenty20camera.com. I don't know how good they are and the vid on the first pages was good, but it was buffering a lot on my pc (cause my pc sucks :tongue:). The only minus I can find here, at least teh obvious one, is that there is no recording device with the set up. If you click on "Product" and then on "recorders", they show the various devices you can use and even have some recommendations, but I don't know the added costs. I have seen others, but I don't have the site bookmarked. So I think, at least on the surface the dsr100 is a excelent deal.

6. VFR Girl

VFR Girl New Member

Okay, ordered it on line just now.... hope that it gets here okay from the US of A! Can't wait to try it out!!!! (oh yeah, it's not for me, I keep forgetting....)

7. bakchizhai

bakchizhai New Member

Map
    Haha, someone's getting carried away with their gifts! Let us know how it turns out and post us a video!

8. WhiteKnight

United States
    Map
    Wish my GF would get me one. Oh wait...I don't have a GF. I am single (ok...divorced) :tongue: definately let us know how it turns out VFR Girl. :thumb: