yoshimura rs-3 vs 2 bros slipon exhaust for 01 vfr800,which 1 is better?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by hollenbeck, Feb 21, 2013.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

Ok so I bought a used Yoshimura rs3 for my vfr800 and I have to repackaged it and get a new sleeve, wich isn't going to cost that much, well my friend asked me if I would be interested in buying his used 2 bros slipon for $130-140,I know both exhausts are good but wich 1 is better? Both would be about the same amount of $ the Yoshimura is stainless steel and the 2 bros is carbon, but I know Yoshimura replacement parts are inexpensive but idk about 2 bros, so which 1 is better for my 5th Gen vfr800? Any opinions appreciated, thank you

2. VFRod

VFRod New Member

I love the sound of a carbon pipe on the VFR. I have a Remus carbon can & the sound is amazing.

3. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    I think the carbon cans are about 100 bucks more most of the time.

4. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

Ok, I youtubed the different exhaust on my vfr800 and the 2bros sounds really good,I already have the Yoshimura exhaust but I have to repackaged it and buy new sleeve and rivets and plate, but my friend wants to sell me his 2 bros for 130,and it only has 3,000 miles on it so I think I'm going to buy that and if I don't like it resell it

5. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    I have an RS-3 on mine. I love it, sounds great to me. I don't know why yours needs repacking, mine is 10 years old and no problems. One season I did a back to back...rode with the Yoshi, came home and swapped to stock and rode.....BIG difference, put the Yoshi back on...

PIPE1.JPG

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  6. Shmerick

Shmerick New Member

United States
    Map
    Mine came with a 2 Bros and I love the sound, just throaty enough to encourage further right hand twist but not obnoxious enough that it requires earplugs. I can't compare or contrast performance as I've never had anything else on it. I love the look and it compliments the yellow nicely, if that matters at all.

7. 2007VFR

2007VFR New Member

I've been searching for a slip on for my 98 for weeks now. I posted a thread to see if anybody had heard one of these bikes with an Arrow or Raptor pipe on it, but I have gotten no responses at all. It's already got a D&D, which I'm not fond of, but it doesn't sound too bad actually, kinda loud though. You can tell it's probably all burnt out inside after many years of being on the bike.
    I really want a Hindle, but they no longer make the adapter pipe, and they just recently closed out that part and sold every one they had left. Ticks me off. Hindle mufflers are great, I've had them on every racebike I've ever had, and they make a Euro tip model in stainless that I just love. But with no ability to get the adapter pipe, I'm screwed.

8. 2007VFR

2007VFR New Member

What do you guys think of this:

Attached Files: