Young and inexperienced

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by 2010camaroSS, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 2010camaroSS

2010camaroSS New Member

To begin with sorry for any spelling errors, I may still be in school, but I'm human:smile:
    Well to introduce myself I am 16 yes I know, some kid who thinks he's all that. I try to stay away from that stereotype. I used to ride dirt bikes but for a very short time. Then when I was 15 I decided I wanted to try my hand at street bikes. I have to give thanks to my dad for the help, he was able to procure a bike. This bike happens to be a 1989 VTR250 when he found the bike it had 5, thats right not 50, not 500, not 5,000, but five whole miles. Awsome bike to start on by the way, it'll take any ninja 250 for coolness anyday (sporty V-twins=awsome). I started riding it at 15 with my dad's supervision. Then got my MSF out of the way and started riding for a whole summer with 90% city riding I was able to rack up over 1200 miles in a couple months. With this being a vfr forum I suppose I have to relate this to a vfr. Well when I got my bike my dad thought he'd need one to keep up with me. Since he had vfr as a some what younger person he decided to get a new one. He decided on a RWB 25th anv. edition. So thanks for reading my rant and thanks in advance for any replies

2. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

It's awesome & refreshing to hear about someone learning the correct way. You started small & are working your way up. Bravo to you.

BTW, do you actually own a Camaro SS?

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

3. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Hey Camaro, I learned on an VTR myself, the one with the old Miami Vice color scheme. A lot longer ago than I care to admit but I will say the bike was new when I got it. Like KC said, it's a great learner. I wrecked mine four times before it finally went tits up, so it provided many learning experiences for me. In fact I have not crashed on the street since then, just over twenty years. Hopefully you'll be a little less stupid then I managed. If it's stereotype you're trying to avoid at 16, then don't be the show off, always pay attention, don't ever get too comfortable, and ride with a helmet.

Check out this rockin' machine!

[​IMG]

4. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    awe crap, how'd we miss this thread from a month ago??

Welcome Camaro! If you can, share some photos of you and your father's rides!

5. park800

park800 New Member

Map
    Looking at that bike hurts my eyes! JK Totally 80's

6. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome aboard! I missed this thread too for some reason...

7. 2010camaroSS

2010camaroSS New Member

Hey thanks guys and KC yes my dad owns it but if I'm real nice he let's me take it for a spin. That car is simply amazing, 400 hp is quite an experience in a car. We went retro and got white with orange stripes. Thanks havcar mine is a little different, mine is white with green and pink and blue. I'll do my best at getting through my learning experience

8. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    I rented a Camaro SS when I was in California last year. It's a sweet car. Every time I stopped people would ask me about it. The rental companies got them before the dealer, so nobody had one unless they rented it like me.

9. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    THAT'S a cool bike to start on !! But 4 crashes sounds rather alot. Caution must exceed any need for speed.

............[​IMG]

..............Sorry, but terms of my probation don't allow me to text or email anyone younger than 47.

:welcome:

10. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    I had a pair of Elan skis that color. With matching bindings.

11. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Hurts my head a little now too. It was OH so cool back in the day though...or so I thought.

Mine where K2 extremes, with matching marker bindings...pretty much identical to the bike. Now that I look back on it, I think I took that whole day glow thing... hook, line, and sinker.

[​IMG]

12. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome, 2010 (or Camaro). Just so you know, we're always polite at first. We go downhill rapidly.

The front wheel on that VTR is bizarre. What's that about? It looks like a single hydraulic disk brake, but the hub is kind of unique.