Yup,,it's another exhaust thread/question

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by hazzmatt, Mar 29, 2011.

1. hazzmatt

hazzmatt New Member

..so I picked up my 07 RWB ABS yesterday with 534 miles on the clock, and yes, she's a freakin beauty...but you guys know that. I bought it from a dealer in Jersey without ever seeing the bike in person, just pics. The bike was advertised as having "full Two Bros racing exhaust" and you could obviously see the pretty cans in the pics. I did a little research and couldn't find anywhere a "full" TB system, just slip ons. I really didn't care, I figured I'd check it out when the time came. When I started the bike up it only took me a second to go "Oh F%#K !", The right side was fat (rich) as hell and the left was clean as a whistle. It only took another second for me to see that the left can was a dummy and the system was a 4 into one set up, which, by the way, sounds fantastic. Both O2 sensors are still there and hooked up. Does anyone know if this is a Two Bros system or something else ? I'll post some pics tomorrow.

matt

2. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

sounds like 2 bros. One should be a dummy can w/ storage

3. ZenMoto

ZenMoto New Member

United States
    Map
    It sounds like you might have their Stash system. ...so yes, TBR made a 4-1 system that used the dummy can as hidden, secure storage. Their should be a keyhole in the "exhaust outlet" that removes the end cap allowing you to stuff belongings in there.

...does it look like the ones in this pic:

[​IMG]

I don't think they ever made a full system (headers + mid-pipe) for the VFR though, just slip-ons.

4. hazzmatt

hazzmatt New Member

Nope, It's not that system, The cans are the standard TBs, "stainless" canisters with the torx bolts in the back. I'm trying to get some pics up now but having trouble with my computer.

5. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Two Bros M2 exhaust.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hazzmatt

hazzmatt New Member

7. hazzmatt

hazzmatt New Member

...Yup, that's the system Stosh (M2)...so is the header still stock ?

8. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

If the header still has the catalytic converter it's stock. Two Bros exhausts only include the "S" bend pipe,end cans,and mounting hardware like in the bottom pic in Zenmoto's post. As far as I know Two Bros doesn't make a "full exhaust" (meaning that it includes a header pipe) for the 6th gen. bikes.

There are various manufacturers that make Stainless Steel header pipes for the 6th gen. bikes that eliminate the catalytic converter.
    Just picked one up myself.

[​IMG]

9. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    The header is stock, so not a full exhaust; just slip-ons (M2 VALE). If memory serves, Two Bros never even made a full system for 6 gen VFR's. You've got to get Motad or Delkevic headers to make it a full system, preferably for a '98 or '99 so as to be catless. Also, it looks like you're missing the removable baffles, which Two Bros promises will add more power while decreasing DB. I use my baffles only because I think the cans sound better with them installed.

10. hazzmatt

hazzmatt New Member

...it Does have the cat...so exactly what I suspected...a stock system with slip-ons. It just sorta threw me when I saw the 4 into one setup. I was reasonably certain it was not a full system as advertised. Like I said..I would have bought the bike either way (I paid 7,500).

what do you expect from a HD dealer anyway ?

11. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    You did well, hazmatt. That's a very fair price with the exhaust and PCIII. If the PCIII is a USB model, you may want to check what type of map you're running. Not many (if any) generic maps are suitable to the Two Bros exhaust. With some of the money you've saved on the purchase price, you may want to consider a custom map from your local dyno tuner.

12. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    ...and make sure that there are o2 eliminators. The PCIII is useless without them.

13. hazzmatt

hazzmatt New Member

..I haven't even looked for the PCIII yet,..again, I would have bought the bike either way, so I don't know if it's the USB model. I'm going to go over it thoroughly this week to check everything over. I need to do my home work on the Power Commander because I don't know much about them yet. I do all of my own work but all of my bikes have carbs until this one. I'm a Master Certified Auto Mechanic by trade but still have a lot to learn on the bikes. When I got into cycles about 5 years ago, I thought I would know everything about them, being a pretty damn good car mechanic....I was humbled quickly, and learned that a bike is not a car.