z-bomb installation

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by schneeman, Jul 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. schneeman

schneeman New Member

Belgium
    Hi,
    I wanted to install the z-bomb today, and it doesn't seem so easy as it is advertised. I wasn't able to locate the connector, i tried to remove the plastic cover that sits on the shifting link, but it doesn't really go anywhere after removing the bolt anyway. I do not want to force pull the cables that sit in there, they do not seem to want to move freely, and the plastic cover is in the way anyway. I am not mechanically shy or anything, i have experience doing some major repairs on my other bikes, so i am a bit frustrated with this situation. Can anyone please post some closeup pics of the connectors and their location ? What came with the z-bomb is close to useless.
    Thanks !
    Schneeman

2. schneeman

schneeman New Member

Belgium
    never mind , found it
    it does transform the bike in the first two gears. why would honda castrate it so it's beyond me. It's like buying a 12 gauge and finding out first two shots are 22lr. Interestingly, it also sounds better in 1-2 gears now.

Samuel likes this.
  3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    "Honda knows best" lol....

Samuel and NorcalBoy like this.
  4. Hero Danny

Hero Danny New Member

United States
    Map
    Emissions are usually the main reason for the bike being nuttered in lower gears and lower speeds, noise regulations is another thing.

It's sad that the government loves to put so many constraints on motorcycles... I mean we are such a small footprint on the environment and in fact a small motorcycle will be 1000X more environmentally friendly than a Toyota Prius.

CandyRedRC46 likes this.