Newbie here !!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WINGNUTTER, Jun 17, 2013.

1. WINGNUTTER

WINGNUTTER New Member

Hey guys and gals I have a story about fate ... this bike happened to become mine one hour after I saw the old craigslist link a friend in another town sent me.

I called the ad and a familiar voice is on the other end "Yep still for sale" the owner says so I reply "WHADDUP NICK" hey dude the viffer has the RC-51 masters and crg levers you sold me years ago come get this bike !!!

So why hasn't it sold yet ?

I have a two year old baby and the gas in it is 3 years old at least !!!

No-one wants to buy a bike with out hearing it run and the v4 carbs suck ass to clean.

Well gee Nick I have known you from your bike shop for 30 some years I trust it runs how much $$$ should I bring ?

2K firm and you get all the stock stuff and boxes of spares including a full carb assy.

"DEAL" an hour later I took this picture....

Now I just have to find the engine serial # title it and get carb kits for less than the $250.00 HONDA wants :crazy:

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Cool and :welcome: to the madness
    Tell us more about this Ole girl :pop2:

3. WINGNUTTER

WINGNUTTER New Member

Thanks Scub, well it has the f3 forks and wheel a a wp 929 shock with a left hand two sisters carbon pipe acouple bumps bruises but a 7 of ten overall a corbin and the stocker two rear cowls a spare cluster and headlights new yuasa and all the oem stuff including a centerstand and a rubbing front fender (is this common or are the fender mounts different on an f3 ?)

4. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    Sounds like an awesome score on the bike and from the Avitar pics she looks to be in nice shape. Of course before anyone else gets the urge

:worthless:. You may now consider yourself served. LOL.
    My last bike was a 97 VFR and I still have a soft spot in my heart for that bike. She served me well and will always be remembered. I believe the fender mounts are different on the F3 so I doubt the VFR stock front fender will fit without some modification. I bet you could easily sell the spare cowl, headlights and instrument cluster without much trouble and make back a bit of the purchase price as well.

Welcome to the WORLD and have fun and keep her shiny side up.

5. WINGNUTTER

WINGNUTTER New Member

Thanks ZOOM ZOOM... I had a great time taking the bodywork off and finding the engine # last night, boy these are tight and abit different than my other honda the tank smells like babydiapers and stale beer and I bet the carbs do also !!!

Not much to photograph at this point so I might as well post the stablemate his name is "MONKEYBOB" and I bought him with 500 miles in 2004

Attached Files:

6. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    So, does this mean that now you own both of Nick's bikes. GEEEEZ, some friend you are, now the poor guy has nothing left to ride. LOL

Since you are going to be diving in to ripping apart the Viffer, you may find this link handy. Nothing says, "Here, I can help you do__________," like a copy of the factory Honda service manual. If you scroll through the following link, you should be able to find a Honda Service Manual for your bike.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/specifications/3161-downloadable-parts-catalogs-service-manuals.html

7. WINGNUTTER

WINGNUTTER New Member

This site rocks !!! here are the bowl gaskets at a fraction of oem pricing.
    Tom,

The specs for the 041 FKM-75 o-ring are:

2.989” ID

.070 cross section

Gaylen Anderson

Inside Sales

Motion Industries (MN29)

7161 Shady Oak Rd.

Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Gaylen.Anderson@Motion-Ind.com

4 rings 3 dollars !!!!!!!!!

8. poleman