1986 VF500F Seattle WA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Colin Ratcliff, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Colin Ratcliff

Colin Ratcliff New Member

United States
    Hey All!

Just picked up a VF500F beauty, and can't wait to get workin on it. I have had a ton of motorcycles in the past, none newer than 1981, (CX500), so this should be quite an adventure.

Past bikes:
    CB350
    CB550
    CB400F
    CB175
    CX500
    Motobecane Mobylette

Been fixing these guys up for ages now, but a V four is quite a new thing. Looks like my carbs are the problem (P/O was able to get it started with starter fluid). I'll be pickin your brains and also available if anybody needs help in the Seattle area!

Mind_Surfer likes this.
  2. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    Hi Colin,

Welcome; I'm in Ballard.

Kristian Soholm
    '00 VFR

3. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Whazz up Colin! Can we see a pic of your girl? It be ok if she is in the buff.

4. Colin Ratcliff

United States
    Hey all! Thanks for the welcome! Trying to figure out how to post a freakin image. Tapatalk is not connecting to VFRWorld anymore, and imgur hates my images

5. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, Colin! Congrats on your new moto!

I'm sorry Tapatalk isn't connecting. I've had to uninstall the app, reinstall and sign back in when that has happened to me. Hope it gets sorted. Sorry I have no advice on that.

But to post a pic of your girl in buff, you can begin to construct a response post here in your thread. Next to the red "Post Reply" button, there is an "Upload a File" button. If you click that, you can upload a file that way. When the photo loads (you'll see a preview below the post you are working on), you can click "Full Image" as I did to make the photo appear large in the text like below.

Hope this helps some. :)

20170614_210956.jpg

6. Colin Ratcliff

United States
    Sweeeet!!! That fixed it! Reinstalling Tapatalk now. Seat has been swapped for a red one, so now I have a spare brand new black seat just hanging out.

19961630_10155508333299282_4938211798756548402_n.jpg 20046563_10155508333864282_2223276805993706579_n.jpg

7. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Red seats are sweet! Glad photos worked!

VERY NICE gurl there!
    Besides tackling the carbs, what other plans do you have for her?

Hope Tapatalk behaves for you

8. Colin Ratcliff

United States
    My tach is shot, so I'm trying to fix that up right now. The carbs still need some love (rebuilt and the thing runs like a dream, but it has been getting pretty hot so I'm guessing they're a bit lean). The tach has solid connections on all 3 wires (yellow to coil, br/bl to br/bl for temp sensor, gr to ground), so I might have to open that guy up and clean it.

Other than that, this is my bike to keep clean and stock and running beautifully. Before this, I really customized the hell out of my CX500, and then realized that when you start customizing a bike you have a never-ending project. My CB350 is my slight-cafe classic (mikuni carbs, stripped electronics out, electronic ignition, solid-state battery) and perfect for island hopping. My moped is for the city. CX500 needs to get sold as fast as possible :Yield:

This guy needs to stretch its legs and go on a good long ride to Rainier, and otherwise I'm just gonna treat her good. Probably take it to the local mechanic soon for a tune-up (valves, carb sync, a good look-over)

Attached Files: