2-17 beach cruise

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by reg71, Feb 18, 2007.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Everyone grab a cold one, or two, sit back, and join me for a ride....

--------- 2/17/07

I awakened to a familiar feeling. My two-wheeled brothers out there know this feeling. I was being drawn somewhere. No particular destination, but drawn nonetheless. I could feel a song resonating within my soul, but that singer, the open road, she had someone else singing melody today. I recognized her, too. She's the one who sings to our friends who ride the waves out there, who are drawn out in the cold and the damp to catch that one perfect wave. She was pulling me, too. I remember her from SCUBA and from riding the longboard.

Out back, what choices lay before me...

[​IMG]

Ah, Scratch, old girl. She's ready to sing along. This is a song she knows. She'll be laying down the rhythm today. Let's fire her up and lay some tracks. Time to play our tune together. She fire's right up as always. I forgive her for all the trouble with brake bleeding. Let's put all that behind us. Let's follow this song and see where she takes us old friend. She's whispering promises of cool breezes to beat some of this heat so we'll head down south and see if we can drag Tori out.

[​IMG]

He lives in the above picture somewhere but he won't come out today. Even down here in Pismo Beach, it still feels hot. Scratch says it's 82 degrees, time to move on. Oh well, let's head this way...

[​IMG]

Ahh, around the rock in the above photo will take us up to Avila Beach. Bet we can continue this song up there. Hwy 101 for a couple miles gets us far enough to cut off and head west again...

[​IMG]

There are lots of people here to sing some accompaniment for us. Here in Avila we stop in at Mr. Ricks for some lunch and a cool beverage. I met some bros from the Molochs, a local biker club. They heard the song, too. We are going different directions, but we exchange info for a later cruise. Time to rejoin the melody... I know we can find a cool breeze. Move on up the coast.

[​IMG]

We'll have to go inland to get around that big rock up there. The pull is getting stronger. I know it's out there. I can feel it.

[​IMG]

Ah, here it is. The breeze that I could feel as a whisper in my mind's eye. A song and a feeling. Montana de Oro. It's been a while. A great place to visit and enjoy. Trails, views, beaches, tidepools. Scratch remembers, too. She has brought me here before. Not as fast moving, but scenic and nice. A good place to visit when we're takin it easy.

[​IMG]

Let's look for another good shot of the view. We have to find something to whet everyone's appetite who can't ride right now. Hopefully they are singing along with us by now...

[​IMG]

Ah, there's Morro Bay off in the distance. Let's go up there and then head on back home. That will complete a nice circuit for us. The song is strong but we must pull away from it and go back inland...

[​IMG]

There's a view we haven't taken a pic of before. Now on to Hwy 1 then hwy 41 east back to A-town. One more pic just to show where we are heading. That mountain in the background is the same one from the write up on my little local loop a few weeks ago.

-------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this installment and you'll forgive my poetic license with musical terminology as this is as close as I can get to making music. My musical talent pretty much ends at turning on my radio. You may now return to normality. I look forward to your next sojourn in Reggie's World.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  2. grinder

grinder New Member

I think its time to move to California. I look out the window and the rain is falling, still, again, not sure which. Only decent day for riding was on the weekend and I was doing maintenance on the bike, it was supposed to rain but didn't. Not all is lost though. While staring at the rain one of the new Lotus's went by. Pretty cool looking car. Bright orange. Anyway lucky dog Reg71.

3. MrDe

MrDe New Member

Words fail me. It is as if I'd died and gone to heaven. And me here with gray cold weather and a bad cold.

Thanks again. :smile:

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    You big freaking tease, Great write up with Photos Reg. Whats that they say about pay backs? LOL

5. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    REG, thanks again my friend, looking foward to our next ride!!!:smile: Greg

6. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Have you ever thought of being a freelance ride reporter for a motorcycle rag? Your either good or I'm just jonesing to get out for a ride, maybe both:smile:

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    thanks for all the kind words guys. I am honing my writing chops on you guys. I get these little sparks of ideas while I'm riding. I enjoy getting out there and getting my Zen on. (I'm on a Zen thing I guess, I just used it in another post, too. ) I have a few more ideas that I'm saving for my next long ride. I can feel one building. Maybe next week?

8. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry i missed that one Reg, i could use some riding. Instead mom is in town for a couple weeks. While you were soaking up the sunshine, we were off at Yeosemite doing a little down hill skiing.

9. jenkins

jenkins New Member

I want to get to ride with you some time. I'm excited about getting to learn this Summer.

10. jenkins

jenkins New Member

Your pictures always make me sad that I live in Missouri though. I'm sure there are nice places I can go see, but I'm certain there aren't as many really nice places as in California. Maybe riding will give me a good chance to explore, and possibly make me more of an optimist than a pessimist.

11. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Come on out Jenky,......... you will love it out here. Being from the midwest myself,..... i can say there's no place like "HERE"

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'm sure you'll get lots of riding in this summer. we'll start you on the little 100 and let you get used to shifting and braking in the dirt, then we'll work on the street.

there are lots of awesome roads in missouri, too. you'll be riding alone more often, but there ae plenty of riders in Columbia that you'll probably run into.

You'll get to meet him this summer. Yeah, I moved around a bit before settling for here. There are places that are better at certain times of the year, but nowhere has the mix of things to see and do that we have year round...nowhere.

13. jenkins

jenkins New Member

I think Tori came by one time while I was there, and I met him then.

14. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    He was the good looking one :biggrin: