2014 VFR

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by chris giegel, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chris giegel

chris giegel New Member

United States
    Hello all,

My local dealer has a 2014 base model on closeout for $6200 brand new. This seems like a great deal, but I wonder if it's worth passing on the ABS and other Deluxe upgrades. Any opinions would be appreciated.

2. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    You are going to get both sides of the coin, I bought a slightly used '14 in Dec 14 and paid alot more than they are going for now, thanks Honda! There are deals on the Deluxe models too. I use the center stand alot, ABS when you really need it, TC not so much, auto-shut off turn signals occasionally. To me it is an well integrated package, other guys will say they don't need any of the stuff. It's up to you.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  3. Getn off

Getn off New Member

United States
    Map
    I was in ur shoes last month. Found a few great deals on deluxes. Then I ran into a stellar deal...$5397 with no dealer fees at all! Could not tuurn it down. I wanted the center stand fairly bad. The anti lock brakes were less important to me, as well as the heated grips. The traction and self cancelling signals, not at all.
    That sounds like a good deal as long as they are not adding any fees. I would jump on it.
    Fyi, Sun Enterprises is where I got mine 3 weeks ago. They have a few left last I saw. They are in Denver.
    Troy

Bubba Utah likes this.
  4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

For me, the main thing I would prefer that is on the deluxe is the adjustable suspension components. Although having ABS a center stand and other little niceties would be cool, I would say suspension would be top of the list. That being said, suspension upgrades for both front and rear would probably be around $1,000, if going with DMr (www.daughertymotorsports.com), which is who I used to update both my current VFRs. Even if I had the deluxe I'd still do the suspension update, tailoring it to ones weight and riding type you're doing can transform your ridng experience.

Truth be told, only you can say whether the deluxe features mean anything to you. If you've never had a bike with ABS, or more importantly, needed a bike with it for obvious reasons, you won't miss it. Same can be said for traction control. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind having these features but only if it was a fully adjustable system. Not sure what the VFR has but recollection is that it only has a rudimentary TC system.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  5. Viffer J

Viffer J New Member

United States
    Great bike, deluxe or not!

Bubba Utah likes this.
  6. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I paid $7000 for mine a year + ago. I'm happy with the base model. When I bought idid not know there was 2. I have never had any traction control, ABS, heated grips and canceling turn signals. So like some have said I did not miss any of these. I was curious about the full back and front adjustable suspension that I have never had as well.

Once ridden the wish list for me was- Center Stand $60, 1.50" bar risers (not the OEM .5") $80 and the soon to be had Quick Shifter.

Good luck and good buying.

Mike D.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  7. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    What is the difference in price, and what are the refinements on the deluxe worth to you? We only got the deluxe here, but would have been a no brainer for me anyway. Center stand is a godsend on any bike, but for me riding two up the ability to set suspension was a must. This is the first bike I've owned with heated grips and ABS, heated grips are a revelation. As I'm now in my 36th year of riding, so no spring chicken, ABS was the one "must have" when I was considering which bike to change to from my 07 ZX10R Ninja. Had the bike about 8 months and have not had the ABS kick in yet, long may that continue, but it is nice to know that it is there if a situation requires it.