Another Satisfied DMr Performance Suspension Customer

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Handkphil, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Handkphil

Handkphil New Member

United States
    Installed new, straight-rate fork springs yesterday afternoon, that are about 20% stiffer than the stock spring rate. Also changed the fork oil while I was in there. This change, combined with the re-sprung and re-valved OEM rear shock I installed a couple of days ago, has resulted in a nice improvement in handling and stability. (Thanks, DMr Performance Suspension Systems!) No more bottoming over large bumps, and the bike now turns on a dime. Better stability at freeway speeds too. All in all, a solid improvement in ride quality and handling, for small money. Now it's on to installing a luggage rack and a new seat...

Attached Files:

Lint and stubbs like this.
  2. OOTV

OOTV Member

Been there, done that...DMr has revamped the suspension on all 3 of my bikes, probably the best ROI of any of the mods I have done to my bikes. Congrats on this improvement!

Lint and Handkphil like this.
  3. oreo

oreo New Member

United States
    What valves/springs did you go with for your rear OEM shock, and what did that cost if you don't mind my asking? I'm having my front get DMR cartridges, but I'm looking for a cheap option for the rear. I can't afford ohlins/penske and Jaime's new rear shock isn't out yet although that probably couldn't happen for awhile anyway.