Anyone have any NESBA experience?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by jethro911, Apr 20, 2006.

1. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I'm looking at joining NESBA http://www.nesba.com/(North East Sport Bike Association) and attending their two day session at Road America on May 29 and 30th. Does anybody have any experiences that they can share?

If not, have you ridden at RA with any other organization? I need suggestions for tires and gearing for my 98 VFR.
    :bolt:

2. pebble

pebble New Member

Map
    VFR NESBA at VIR and Summit

My Viffer at a NESBA track day at VIR:

http://www.exit3dc.com/weblog/nesba_031106_gallery/

I've done 4 or so track days with NESBA. Great organization, super friendly and the control riders will offer good coaching if you would like. Track time per dollar is excellent.

If you have track experience I would reccomend Intermediate for more clear-track time. Control riders spend a good amount of time with B-group and will bump you up to I-group when you're up for it!

Great fun - good people (riders and organization). Highly reccomended.

You'll have a blast at RA!

If you're ever around VIR/Summit look me up - I'll probably be out there. (Although I'll probably be riding my track bike - a mongrel SV - which made its first sucessful outing last weekend).

On the VFR - I have the later gen. than your viffer, but I have to say - I was really impressed at what a multi-purpose machine it is. I rode from Washington DC out to VIR (about 4.5 hours) - popped off the saddle bags, and had a blast. When I was done, I packed my tools and extra gear back up and rode home. ... Yes, it was tiring, but I can't think of many bikes that offer such a nice balance between the two types of riding I did on that trip!

Mind you - I met a guy who rode down from NY on a Duc SS! Ouch. So maybe I'm just soft ;-)

Have fun! Look forward to hearing how it goes!

3. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    That is just what I wanted to hear and it backs up their claims and the banter on their forum. I'm in a position where I have to decide between attending a rally like COTU or the Honda Hoot or hitting the track. I'm leaning towards the track for sheer excitement.

I rode in the advanced group last year with the Star school so I suppose that intermediate should be fine. I would expect them to bump me either way if required.

I can't wait for may 29th!!!

4. pebble

pebble New Member

Map
    Track day over the Hoot!

I would agree with your leaning to the track day ;-)

You'll have a blast and the effects will stay with you when you ride your viffer in the real world.

Tires - Pilot Power sports are absolutely phenomenal tires in my book. No need to go for the race compounds. The street version is great. Tons of stick - super predictable sliding. I give lots of credit to them for keeping my a$$ off the tarmac during my last track day:

http://www.exit3dc.com/weblog/2006/03/wait-is-over-vir-south-031106-above.html

Gearing - Lowering gearing (up a tooth or two on the rear) would give you a bit more oomph, but you'll have a blast with stock gearing as well. Unless you need to change anyway, I would just leave it alone.

Drop us a line if you head out to VIR, Summit or Barber! Have fun!

:biggrin:

5. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map