Astars quality??

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by rvmiller, Oct 27, 2016.

1. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    I finally replaced my Speed & Strength mesh jacket with new Alpinestars gear. I got a T-GP Pro Air jacket and their SMX 2 Air Carbon gloves. Love the jacket: I also got their Nucleon back and chest protectors - my only gripe is that except for the zipper there is no other connection point for your pants

[​IMG]

The problem is the gloves. I bought them last month they and already have a hole in the Left glove finger and the Right glove contact pads for my cell are wearing off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did contact Astars, and their answer is send my gloves to Cali (from Floriduh); I am a bit aggravated. I will switch back to my S&S gloves but they barely work on my android.

Anyone else have issues with Alpinestars gear?

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

2. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    I received a brand new pair of Gloves from Astars. We will see how they hold up

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I have had a few Alpinestars gear, a couple of jackets and a set of gloves and I didn't keep them for very long, except for one jacket, so I don' know how they would hold up over time. I can't say that I hated their stuff, I just found other items I liked better. The textile jacket I still have seems to be holding up OK, I think it's been about 2 years now. It did come with the pants attachment zipper but not all of their jackets do. This is something you have to check on before you buy.

Good to know that they sent you a replacement pair of gloves, let's see how these hold up.

4. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    I am seriously considering removing the pant snaps from my old S&S mesh and sewing them into this jacket; and the zipper half to my current mesh pants

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Couldn't hurt. A good tailor should be able to do it, perhaps even a shoe repair shop as they have the heavy duty sewing machines. We have a really good leather shop near us that does the repairs for the Dainese D-Store, they fixed a set of gloves for me. Considered having them alter a jacket I had but sold it for something I prefer more.

6. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    I most likely will after the holidays. I def like how this jacket fits vs my prior mesh- which was loose fitting and would flap at speed, and then the forearm armor broke...
    Perfect excuse to get the Astars. I truly wish Teknic was still around- love my Chicane (perfed) leather but it is HOT.

This T-GP Pro Air is my 4th Jacket

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

+1 on Teknic. I miss the pair of lightning gloves I had. Good quality at great prices.

8. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Have Alpinstars gortex boots, leather Summer perferated jacket and gortex 365 fall/spring waterproof gloves, all I consider excellent.

After BBs supprisingly good suggestion have tried and gone to Held with their "Akira evo" as my regular goto glove and Helds summer weight "Agadir" as my hot weather leather gloves.