Carbon Fiber Exhaust options for 5th gen?

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by ausbill32, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ausbill32

ausbill32 New Member

So my used 2000 new to me VFR did not pass state inspection. The currently mounted Two Brothers exhaust is pretty much an empty tin can with some misc metal that bounces around inside.

I was hoping to find a carbon fiber to help reduce some heat for my passenger and it'll look better with the black paint job on my bike.

Any one have any other suggestions?.. (Two Brothers and Micron no longer make a high mount carbon fiber exhaust for 99-01 VFR).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  2. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Have you had a look at the Akrapovic Evolution 2 Carbon ?

[​IMG]

3. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    I like the sound and looks of my Yoshimura slip-on, although some people seem to think that a Suzuki fanboy is going to rip it off. :wink: Oops, not carbon fiber though.

4. ausbill32

ausbill32 New Member

that akrapovic looks nice but don't see it as an option on their website for a 5th gen

5. kingsley

kingsley New Member

Canada
    Map
    Check out Hindle, they have choices for low/high mount, round/oval, race or euro tip, 18"/20" can.

You pick high or low mid pipe for your bike, then add your can of choice.

Hindle Euro Style Mufflers

Found this pic on the net. Looking at one for myself!:smile:
    [​IMG]

6. ausbill32

ausbill32 New Member

I like the look of the Hindle oval... especially since it's $125 cheaper than Two-Brothers.. lol

7. hondajt

hondajt New Member

the micron CF exhaust, but they have been discontinued......so good look.

plus, I don't think it sounds very good.

8. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    They are nice, rode with a guy that had them on a Black ZX-1R they looked and sounded brilliant, maybe call the US distributer direct and see if an end can is suitable from a different bike eg old R6 etc.

9. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

10. MtnRider

MtnRider New Member

Hey Bill I may be interested in your Two Bros mid pipe and mounting hardware if you want to part with it. I have a standard mount Two Bros and eventually want a Staintune High mount but due to cost it may be a bit....hope they are still in production when I have the funds.

Sam

11. ausbill32

ausbill32 New Member

My exhaust finally arrived today, woo hoo. After many searches and phone calls, the only high mount carbon fiber available for purchase and shipping in the United States for our 5th gens, is the Remus Exhaust. After some email exhanges, I found out that Remus exhausts never have to be repacked so I was estatic about that. I purchased it from sporttour.com and received it within 7 days. Great service!!! ........... http://sporttour.com/honda/vfr.htm

First impression is that I LOVE IT. It's quiter than my old Two Brothers but that was to be expected because the Two Brothers was gutted or worn out when I bought this bike a few months ago. I really like the low rumble and I actually perfer quieter exhausts. The fit and finish on the Remus is great. I had to grind a little bit of the bracket that mounts to the bolt which holds the foot pegs on to get it to fit but it didn't take long with my dremel. Easy to install, it came with some spacers to push the passenger peg bracket out about 1/2 inch. I didn't have to drill into the frame or anything. I noticed that drilling had been done previously with the Two Brothers high mount exhaust when I uninstalled it.

The Remus has a much lower tone than Two Bros and I no longer get any drone inside my helmet which I was getting from the Two Bros. My girlfriend went for a ride tonight with me and she loves it too. She mentioned it was much quiter and it's not hot at all, it's just warm, even after sitting in traffic and the engine getting up to 220. I was able to put my hand on it and it was warm. My girlfriend said she's going to use it to keep her hands warm while were on the freeway this winter..lol. I can't compare the sound to the stock exhaust because I never had one but I like it much better than the two brothers, it's deeper. Two Bros sounded good too, it was just different, but did have a nice lop at idle. The Two Bros was just LOUD for me !!!

I'm probably going to sell my old two brothers for $100 bucks shipped since it needs a repack. If anyone sees this thread PM me if your interested otherwise, I post it for sale when I get back from FL next week.

Here are some pics of the Remus exhaust on my 5th gen from this evening. I'll get some better ones next week in day light. I think this finally does it for all my modifications except for some frame sliders, maybe I'll do those after Xmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]http://vfrworld.com/forums/fifth-generation-1998-2001/

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/AusBill32/PB110024800x600.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  12. MtnRider

MtnRider New Member

Congrats.....looks fantastic!!!! I have a standard mount Two Bros but would love a high mount Staintune. How big is the oval on that Remus?

13. Dainius_M

Dainius_M New Member

Lithuania
    Map
    You have two brothers and Remus exhaust.
    When any of one is on your VFR no need to do fuel control or something? Does fuel mix is not very lean?

14. ausbill32

ausbill32 New Member

hey Mtn Rider, the Remus oval is 13.75 inches around. I'm loving it so far, it sounds great

15. emptyskull

emptyskull New Member

Map
    sweet looking I bet the end cap is cooler also..

16. MtnRider

MtnRider New Member

Thanks for the info!