Giving Flailer the quick tour

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by reg71, Feb 27, 2009.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I got a call from Flailer today saying that he wanted to go for a ride. Those of you who know me know that it is a difficult proposition talking me into going for a ride. It's almost as hard as let's say having a good time at a strip club when you have a pocket full of ones.

Anyway, after we gassed up and he performed a gravity check that determined two things:

1. Gravity is indeed still in operation
    2. Concrete is harder than the mirror on a VFR

Well, now that that is out of the way, let's ride.

First off we head out on Hwy 41 going north from A-town towards Creston. Those veterans of the last BBQ are familiar. We turn onto 229 heading across to Hwy 58. My first snapshot missed Craig and passenger, but got a nice shot of an empty curve. Show much for action photography with a digital camera.

[​IMG]

I was able to catch him right after he passed, though...

[​IMG]

Another pic of that curve...

[​IMG]

After catching back up with him, we turned onto Hwy 58 heading back towards Santa Margarita but turned left onto Parkhill Road after taking the downhill S curves of 13 turns on Hwy 58. I didn't snap any pics on Parkhill during this leg, but I'll get some later. Now, let's make a right onto Las Pilitas. Some of you may have ridden this little gem with me before. It's a bit narrow and has occasional dirt, but it's very scenic and has lots of little hills and curves. I know; a terrible combination...

Here's a pic on Las Pilitas.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After cruising Las Pilitas we took a left towards Pozo and I snapped a couple pics. Road surface is better than it was last year, but it's still not great. They have brought through a bump flattener, but it only kind of smoothed them out. I expect that once the summer heat gets to it, the bumps'll be back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we worked our way back to Parkhill Rd coming from the other direction. It was a beauty day and the only downside was the sunlight shining back in our faces just a bit on the return trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From there we got back to Hwy 58 and headed to Santa Margarita where we parted ways. Soon maybe we'll get a few more of you guys to come out and take him for a full day of riding. We did 70 miles today and were never further than 20-30 miles from my house.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your short trip. I will see you again soon.

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    You're just teasing us!!

Thank you.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I can't help it. I've gotta get out there and decide which ways we are going... I am planning some timed runs soon to see how long it take to do a couple different routes and then add time to it for the groups and see how much it looks like we can squeeze in.

4. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Funny I had to ride alone today...on turrie road...alone

5. leftcoast

leftcoast New Member

United States
    somewhere near Seattle, but my heart is just north
    Map
    thot you were working this weekend.

This looks like a better decision......

nice goin!

6. Hootch

Hootch New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg...you're literary eloquence cracks me up. Thanks for the smile...always appreciated! I have to bet you're as much of a smart ass as me :thumbsup:

I don't have any vacation time until June (new job) or otherwise I would be hitching up with Randy as he passes through on the way down for the BBQ. Will be planning for 2010.

Kevin

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I am workin. That was Thurs or Fri. Where were you?