Help me get naked

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Lint, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I'm thinking of making my 99 into a streetfighter. Most of this I can figure out, but I'm stumped as to the headlight and all wires that connect into the back of the instrument cluster. If I were to eliminate the factory cluster, as mine is broken on the back, what do I do with all the wires? Zip tie and hide? But then what is done to make it run? I tried starting mine with the instrument panel removed and it turned over, but wouldn't start. I imagine one of them is the tip over switch, so that may have been why, as I only have them loose.

What headlight has been used?

I know it's been done by others, and I've been looking around on Google and here, but I'm coming up pretty blank. I could use your help.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

There are a few over at VFRD that have done this and can offer some suggestions. I'm not sure they come over here that often or at all. Sebspeed would also be a great resource to ask.

Lint likes this.
  3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Had anyone ever put 6th gen fairings on a 5th gen?

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

You would think that’s been done but I don’t recall seeing it on either forum. There has been CBR fairings put on a 6 Gen though. It’s one of those “if there is a will, there’s a way” scenarios, if you ask me.

Lint likes this.
  5. loosenoose

loosenoose New Member

United States
    Sebspeed and Keef are both very knowledgeable on the topic. i recently started my own 5th gen naked conversion. i am going to use a vapor gauge and i have ordered a cheap round, 7 inch headlight, fork ears, and some LED turn signals. all i want to accomplish is to make the front end look like a fairly stock naked bike, like the cb 919 or sv650. maybe much later, if the front is a success, i think a ducati monster tail would be sweet looking. i have seen it done to a lot of hawk gt's

Lint likes this.