Hi from Sunny Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scottish Stevie, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Scottish Stevie

Scottish Stevie New Member

Sweden
    Seeing that this is the VFR world introduction forum, I thought I'll start my first post of here to set the ball rolling & introduce myself.

My name's Stevie & I come from Sunny Scotland, I'd been driving bike's since 2000, starting off with a yamaha dt125r for a few year's until I passed my direct access & got a new 2002 yamaha 600 fazer, which lasted 23 day's before a u turning cager wrote the bike off, I next got a 2nd hand suzuki 600 bandit & rode that for a few year's until 2005 where I treated myself to a new kawasaki z750s & rode the arse off it, last time I checked, I'd done over 45k on it up till 2012, from then I was involved in a bad accident coming home from work one night on the GF's 600 suzuki bandit & I got cut up by a car in the pouring rain, I had to brake to avoid him hitting me other wise he'd have put me into crash barrier's but because of the rain, I went into a tank slapper at 40mph & got launched off in a high sider & the bike went into a concrete wall, needless to say, the car didn't stop.

Because of my injurie's, I was off work for over a year before I was fit enough to go back & when I did, my manager asked me if I'd consider give up using a motorbike for commuting & the fact I was a soon to be father, I agreed but on the condition that if I couldn't get public transport home & I dont have a car licence, then the work would have to get me home late at night if I finished after midnight & he agreed it, at most I only ever claimed it twice for every second week (I work a week of earlie's & a week of late finishes) but recently, my manager said he was pulling my transport agrement so I had to get something sorted so I've decided to get back on to two wheel's & in about a week's time, I'll be picking up my first ever Honda & to make it even more special, I've went with the 2011 VFR800 white Vtec ABS/Combined brake's with the full touring package with side pannier's & a top box & get this, the bike has only done 800 mile's in six year's with a FSH.

here's some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Samuel likes this.
  2. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Nice Stevie, welcome!

Scottish Stevie likes this.
  3. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and congrats! Such low miles, it's practically new!
    I'm sorry to read of your terrible tank slapper, but great for you to get back on.
    And your choice is fabulous! LOVE the white wheels, they are just are perfect... Super super treat!

Do you have any plans to tour on the moto in addition to using it as a commuter?

4. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    hello and welcome I am new fairly new here myself,I think the VFR looks great in white and it looks like you have a cracking bike there,how did you find it??

5. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Nice bike, from another Scottish owner, white 2016.

6. Scottish Stevie

Sweden
    I was just checking various bike dealers used bike list's & found the bike by accident, phoned the dealer the next day & put a deposit down.

7. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Howdy Stevie! Glad to have ya! It seems we have something of a Scottish invasion this past couple of years! Sorry to hear about your mishaps I will say....ouch. :(

Keep the rubber side down mate!

[​IMG]

8. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Yo Stevie, another Scot. Where Dae ye bide ? Tidy looking bike there mate, welcome to the site.

9. Scottish Stevie

Sweden
    nea where near you with that accent, I'm a weegie :)

10. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Lol, hopefully a few of us can get together at some point for a run.

11. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Which part of Glasgow? Used to live in the west end, now in Paisley.

12. Scottish Stevie

Sweden
    sure , once I've got the stabilizer's back off ;)

even tho I used to drive all year (except snow) & racked up a lot of miles,
    I've only had a few shot's of other folk's bike's in the last few year's since my previous accident
    & I'm starting to feel a bit anxious now about driving the 100 odd mile's from the dealer's to my place !
    I'll just need to drive slow ;)

13. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    You will be fine.

14. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Was just over there trying out a pub or two. I spent about a week in Edinburgh and took a trip up into the highlands to visit Crathes Castle (my wife's maiden name is Burnett and they may be related to the original owner).

Anyhow, welcome to the site and that's a sharp looking bike.

15. Scottish Stevie

Sweden
    well thats me an official VFR owner, picked the bike up yesterday eventually after the DVLA website crashed & I couldn't get road tax for the bike, the salesman at the dealers even drove down to the post office to renew the RT & their system was also down, so the salesman had to come back for cash & go back to the post office again & when the bike was finally released, it was half three in the afternoon & the rain was pissin it down & it was far from sunny, then to top that off, there was diesel spill all the way up the road until I got up to the A road for a fast blast back to Glasgow.

the few things that I noticed about the VFR is that it holds the road well despite its weight, then there's the ABS & dual brakes, I was hesitant initially using them in the wet but the brakes are confidence boosters, then theres the vtec kickin in, boy that was a load of fun, before I knew it I was running at 90mph & the bike was handeling like a charm. :)

I'd also managed to get a colour coded seat cowl brand new for £60 inc p&p from a bike breaker in ireland so just need to fit it & thankfully I found a vid on youtube on how to fit a seat cowl as there wasnt any instructions with it, my next job will entail fitting a charger for a phone & possibly add a camera or two as it will help if I'm involved in any accidents.

other that that, I'm away back out for another run Vroom Vroom ;)

16. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your first trip out on the vfr even in the rain. :)

BTW I make harnesses that simply clip into the bikes wiring so you can add switched power.

17. Scottish Stevie

Sweden
    thanks Fink, I was looking through one of the other threads about wiring in a charging point into the ignition wire so that looks do able, I also think that i'll be changing the levers as the stock one's are crap though I dont fancy paying £160/$210 for a set of Pazzo's, can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap but decent set of levers ? thanks

18. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    Welcome, and I suppose Sweden has similar or a bit worse weather than you guys. Spent midsummer in Aberdeen a couple of years ago and it was a good 15 degrees warmer there than in Stockholm :)

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

19. tenko

tenko New Member

United Kingdom

20. tenko

tenko New Member

United Kingdom
    A new scot from Dundee Try the2wheels.com lots of levers and more pretty reasonable.I just fitted a pair of titanium coloured ones
    Been lying in the garage from last year there dead smart and seem like good quality.