Hwy 58 with Bruise Lee

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by reg71, Mar 20, 2007.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Howdy all. I met Bruise Lee today and rode with him for a while. We headed out from A-town east on 41 then took 229 at Creston across to Hwy 58 then East to McKittrick to eat at the penny bar. Pics to follow. I tried to catch him in some of the pics, but he was moving too fast for me. (It's okay, though, since he was riding a bim-DUB-ya anyway)

Attached Files:

2. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Looks like a nice ride. We had rain all day down here.

3. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    Reg, thanks again for joining me for the ride home. How much fuel did you take when you when topped off? How hard was it for you to keep it out of the secondary circuit? You sure can ride that VFR very, very fast, I know I'd really be in awe if you were on rhythm. :eek: Just to let you guys out there in VFR World know how smooth Reg is, when I finally caught up to him waiting at the stop sign of 229/58. I think Reg had to use his choke to restart his bike, because he was sitting there so long.:biggrin: Had fun Reg.

4. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, you would have looked better if you would have came got my mirror :blah:

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Dude, I caught that right in the face on the way back. I was soaked and freezing. The fact that I already had a cold didn't help.

Had a good time meeting you, too. Hope to meet up again for a ride. Always nice to meet another member in person. And he's exaggerating about my speed. I never broke the posted speed limits...and no one can prove otherwise.

That was gonna be my next stop on the way back until I came across Carisso(sp?) Plains and hit the rain in full force. It had been so long since I have seen rain that I didn't know what to think at first. Thank goodness I bought a new furry balaclave right before Bruise Lee and I headed out from A-town. I had to wear a loaner helmet that I think was made in the 80s though. I looked like a q-tip with that bright white lid! I'll try to come get the mirror t-morrow if I'm well enough to climb outta bed!

6. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

Map
    Man those pics are awsome I want to live out there so bad. it's about 10 deg out and another month or so before it gets warm enough to even work on the bike. You guys are lucky.

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    True. We may not have the best scenery all the time, but we do have the best year round riding of anywhere I have been in good ole US of A. That was definitely a plus for me moving here, although I took quite a pay cut from the Bay area. Housing here compared to back home in Missouri is crazy high, though. If you add it up, over a period of 20-30 yrs (avg mortgage) then then increase in pay over MO pay makes up for it, but it's hard looking at houses in the 600-700k range that would be just over 100k in MO.