After seeing OOTV's new abba sky lift, I thought that I could build my own copycat sky lift. I started by first intently studying many many photos, and carefully measuring my VFR, comparing what I thought the stand dimensions were to the photos. Then began to build the base. It didn't take long to weld the base together, however, when I placed it under the bike, I realized that both right side legs were shorter than they needed to be. So, back to the shop to cut and add some length. Satisfied with the result, The next part that I built was the clamp / cradle that attaches to the bike frame. The cradle, I felt, was the most critical of the three sections of the lift to be built. The pins that insert into the frame are smaller than I would have liked to use, but they must fit into the swing arm pivot bolt. the left side hole is 1/2 inch, and the right one is about 11/32 of an inch. After fabricating the cradle and attaching it to the VFR, the clearance between the bottom of the bike and the cradle was a bit tighter than I wanted, however, it seemed to be adequate enough. The last part to build up was the roller trolley that attaches to the cradle and to the threaded rod. This part again was easy to design and build. The most difficult item was welding two nuts back to back in line and with the threads spaced correctly. It took three attempts to get it right. Even though I had a bolt threaded into the nuts, as soon as I tack welded them, the space between them would change. I could unthread the bolt (with a good amount of effort), but I was unable to retread the bolt into the second nut. I had been trying to fabricate it with about 5 inches of space between them, and ended up with them welded together. Even then I had to run a tap through them in order to re-thread the bolt without using a wrench. The main parts are finally assembled, and I was able to lift my VFR in both the wheelie, and stoppie positions just like the abba version. 20171109_200349 by RllwJoe posted Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM 20171109_194330 by RllwJoe posted Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM 20171109_200506 by RllwJoe posted Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM 20171109_200439 by RllwJoe posted Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM 20171109_194248 by RllwJoe posted Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM 20171109_194158 by RllwJoe posted Nov 9, 2017 at 10:46 PM I have yet to add the castors and paint, and need to add the bar that allows you to lift both wheels at the same rate, but I am very happy with the results so far.