New Cycle World 2018

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Joe Cleere, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Joe Cleere

Joe Cleere New Member

United States
    I received my first issue of the revised/new Cycle World yesterday and I have to admit I was disappointed. The photographs and the quality of the writing were excellent, but there was no spec chart or dyno chart for the new Ducati V4 Panigale. Instead the numbers are integrated into the writing. Throughout the issue there is an emphasis on rider feeling, or subjectivity, rather than hard numbers. When I read a review of a new sportbike I would like to see horsepower and torque readings in a spec sheet and a chart, quarter mile times, 0-60, 60-0, top speed, lap times, rake and trail, the horsepower-to-weight ratio, etc. The new Cycle World is really more like a glossy adverstisement for the products "reviewed." If this is what Bonnier thinks will revive circulation I believe that they are mistaken.

2. Brian Boyer

Brian Boyer New Member

United States
    Map
    That is corny to not list ot in a summary box as they typically do

3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    When Motorcyclist did this, I did not review my subscription. Why on Earth would I wait two to three months for info on a bike, when I can look it up online whenever I want and have it within seconds? I can find lots of opinions about bikes, gear, tires, etc with a few clicks and more pictures than I'd want. I'm not sure what they are thinking.

I stopped all magazine subs, they are archaic, like the newspaper and the dinosaur.

4. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map

:D

Lint likes this.