Overheating VFR

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by stonee, Apr 25, 2009.

1. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    Smoke or steam?
    From where?
    I would first check that you haven’t done a head gasket if it was coming from your exhaust.

2. loosenoose

loosenoose New Member

United States
    omg had a real *FUN* overheating moment today, on my way to work. the only thing i can think is that i accidentally kicked the coolant hose going into the water pump, and it came off. i didnt know this had happened until i pulled over to see why my bike suddenly got to 255*F.
    i then got to pay $17 for some antifreeze at a gas station, and another $2 for a jug of water to mix it with. just a whole lot of cussing happened... just wow.
    i was glad i had the rok straps in the back of the bike. i had originally planned to leave the antifreeze in the parking lot, or sidewalk near the building, if it was only like $5 or so. an easy way to pay it forward. since i apparently bought the antifreeze made from gold and titanium, i strapped it to the bike, and sat in some on my way to work.

the following is just me venting, because aside from that, i was also held up at a stopped train for about 20 minutes. i was really late.
    erpvihrv[ouhwerhtepviuhwptviuhwtvpiutvwpiuvpiuhvepuihpuifsdfsdfsduifd fuck.