Rear Stand Recommendation

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by OutOfCyan, Nov 30, 2017.

1. OutOfCyan

OutOfCyan New Member

United States
    Map
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

No, you need the single sided swing arm version. Note that the stand itself may be one and the same for other bikes with the same type of swing arm, it's the pin that makes it unique to the brand of bike. I bought a used PB stand that was for a Ducati, I bought the pin for the VFR and swapped it out.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pit-bull-rear-stand-honda

OutOfCyan likes this.
  3. OutOfCyan

OutOfCyan New Member

United States
    Map
    Ah, of course, my mistake. I grabbed the correct one. There doesn't seem to be a good deal on Craigslist or Ebay or anywhere else I've looked.

Thank you for the help. Putting this bike on its center stand is a small PITA and I'll need it for forks and tires anyway.

4. irishrOy

irishrOy New Member

Germany
    Not at all, man! :D
    It sure is a PITA if you grab it wrong, but trust me, with the righ technique it's easy peasy. Even I, a not that muscular 1,75m-guy can get her on the center-stand with little to no effort.
    My tips for the center-stand are:
    Stand next to the bike (on the left side).
    With your left hand grab the handlebars, and with your right hand grab the handle that is right under the passenger/pillion-peg.
    Then step lightly on the centerstand with your right foot and have it touch the ground.
    Put a firm and strong grip on the grab-handle, step on the center-stand with your full weight and at the same time do not give in or extend the arm with which you're holding the passenger-peg-handle.
    In this forum I've read this is somewhat similar to "deadlifting" as that you hold your arms and do most of the work with your legs/core.

At first putting her on th ecenter-stand was a PITA for me as well. But once I found that "secret" passenger-peg-handle putting her on the centerstand became a smooth and easy endeavor so to speak :D You can really get a good grip there and you're able to heave it over the "point" from where it goes on the center-stand on its own due to the inertia.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Call Pit Bull directly and order from them. They know what they're doing and have a very competent gal that usually takes your call. She's very knowledgeable but won't charm you with personality. She just gets the job done. They're a class company with a best in class product.