Santa Barbara trip

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by reg71, May 1, 2007.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I found some pics on my phone of a quick trip I took last week down to Santa Barbara. Here is a stop on the overlook at Pirate's Cove.

[​IMG]

Here's a shot on 166 heading towards Lake Cachuma. I had to take a pee break behind a tree, and this time Brian wasn't with me so no voyeuristic shots!

[​IMG]

Here's a shot from the overlook at the lake. It's a shame that the colors of thewater didn't really come out. It is a brilliant aquamarine, almost backlit looking. It is similar to those glass paintings you see at fairs with the lights behind them.

[​IMG]

Ok, the next shot was taken at the next overlook down. You can't see the lake in it, but it's down in the valley. It's a good shot of the terrain though. A wide angle lens would have been nice, but as I am using my cellphone, this will have to do.

[​IMG]

And last but not least, a pic of the harbor. My aunt and I headed over to Endless Summer bar for some chowder and shrimp. Brophy Brothers is also there which is pretty famous for chowder. I have always been a big fan of the Endless Summer Bar, though. Those of you who know who Bruce Brown is may or may not know of another of his documentaries (before On Any Sunday) called Endless Summer. I don't know if he started the bar or it was started in honor of the movie or what, but there are surfboards all over the place with autographs of surfers. It's pretty cool, and it has a nice view (as do all the places along the harbor).

Anyway, it's a nice little daytrip for anyone in the central coast area. Stay tuned for upcoming road trips. I'm thinking it's been a long time since I went to Solvang. Maybe Terri will want to go. Until next time...