Scout tank bag for the 1200

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by dublflush, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dublflush

dublflush New Member

Finally found a tank bag I like for my 1200. This little tank bag ( the "Scout" by s.b.w. concepts) is quite small. Its only about 3 liters,but expands to double its size when needed. I was about to buy a strap mount bag for it seeing as all the magnetic bags I tried so far wouldn't work. ( all magnets would hang over the plastic parts) Any how, this little bag fits great and stays put through bumpy curves while it is expanded. I can cram more stuff in this little bag than I thought. It will fit my rain jacket or jacket liner, and the two pockets on the side fit sunglasses and camera ect. Nice to take it with me into store or restaurant.
    Very cool company ! They will send you out a bag to try without paying! If you like it, send them a check. If you don't , send it back.
    Cost was $54.00 IMG_1370.jpg IMG_1369.jpg

2. ZenMoto

ZenMoto New Member

United States
    Map
    Cool. ...that certainly is a little tank bag. :) ...if you decide you need more storage, I picked up this Axio tailbag 2.0 that I think looks great on the back of the VFR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little hard to find, but it holds a good amount of stuff (though non-expandable).

3. dublflush

dublflush New Member

That's very nice! It's a shame there's no storage at all on this bike. By the way, I'm still feeling bitter that Honda didn't throw there hard bags in with the initial purchase. I will not pay $1400 for there bags. It will be soft luggage for me I suppose.

4. alang

alang New Member

Map
    tank bag

My old Chase Harper magnetic tank bag works perfect on the VFR1200. I can fit a clipboard and it's around 8" tall.

5. Captain Happy

Captain Happy New Member

I use the Joe Rocket Manta XL bag. It works great for me so far.

By the way, I purchased my hard-bags/panniers from David Silver Spares($960 or so not including shipping). Which is considerably less then what Honda Dealerships are asking for them. I saved enough money in the purchase that I am leaning towards purchasing a Power Comander ta boot.

6. ZenMoto

ZenMoto New Member

United States
    Map
    The Bazzaz unit should be available soon. :) (I can't wait)