Sunday Ride again...

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by reg71, Oct 29, 2006.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    It's starting to become a habit... My new schedule has me off pretty much every Sunday, and I can't resist the call of the road... Today's romp consisted of 4 Honda riders, 3 on VFRs, and 1 on the first blue Honda I remember seeing in a while... Our cast for today was Mike on the blue CBR 600, Brian on the 4g VFR, Tori on the 6g VFR and Reg on the 5g VFR. We actually saw a 1g VFR but he just drove past without waving. I was hoping to get him to stop for a photo-op!...

Now the pics... First up a couple action shots in north san luis obispo county....

Here's Tori coming round a curve:
    [​IMG]

Then here's Brian followed by Mike...

[​IMG]

Here's a great little S curve section... Unfortunately one of the guys (Mike) is barely visible, but if you look real close, you can find him... It's like where's waldo honda style...

[​IMG]

Here's the lineup parked by Lake Nacimiento... Remember that song on sesame street... one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong....

[​IMG]

And a couple more action pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we'll finish up at Parkfield where we stopped for a bite to eat and discuss two wheelers in general. We had a great time, and it looks/sounds like we may have a repeat next week. So we'll say tentatively there is a ride planned for next Sunday, all riders welcome. We're thinking similar run to today, but then all the way up to the base, across to the PCH and up to Big Sur. I'm thinking we'll probably get on the road around 10 am but we'll see what everyone else says... It was a great ride, we all kept the shiny side up and none of us had to utter the infamous, "is there a problem officer?" all day. :smile: Send me a note if interested in the next run, or just drop a line here.

[​IMG]

2. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Good times for sure Reg ! Thanks for leading the pack today,.........(and waiting up for us slo-pokes) I got this pic while we were having lunch...

p.s. Its Mike not Chris
    [​IMG]

3. MrDe

MrDe New Member

Thanks ... can you keep this up all winter? I'll have to live vicariously till next spring and I can head for Calf ....:)

4. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    You bet we can !!! and will !!! :tongue:

5. MrDe

MrDe New Member

How about giving us the specific routes as well ... so when I get down there I'll know where to go :) :) Is this begging enough!!!?

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Boy do I feel sheepish... I corrected it in the article I think. Chris is the guy I ride with that rides an R1. That's what I get for typing and watching a movie!

7. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Good stuff! My new rectifier set should be in this week, hopefully I can join in next weekend.

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Sure, the route from the pics is starting from Atascadero, 41 E to Templeton Rd then left, When it T's off you turn left on El Pomar and proceed through the stoplight and the road becomes Vineyard. You follow it through a neighborhood and through a couple stops. It'll cross Hwy 46. At 46 we went across and stayed on Vineyard which eventually becomes Adelaida (I think) Regardless you stay on the same road until you get to a stop sign. At the sign it's a hard left nearly back on your self and then the road is definitely Adelaide or adelaida (or some variation of that spelling) You follow that all the way out to a stop sign and when it T's off go right. You should be on Chimney Rock Rd and you'll follow it for a few miles then go Left onto G14(Nacimiento Lake Dr) (Just look for signs to Lake Nacimiento). There are lots of options when going up here, but we chose a shorter route (well all of us except Tori who decided to explore...until he realized none of the rest of us were there :) ) Anyway, we stayed on it until it Ts then turned right. There is a left that goes to interlake road and that's where Tori went and it's a great road, but it goes further than we had time for yesterday. Maybe we'll all get it next week. After the right (Jolon rd for a very short distance) we caught Hwy 101 S down to San Miguel. In San Miguel we got off on 10th St I think then turned left on Mission St then Right on River Rd. After crossing the river, you see signs for Parkfield to the left. You get on Indian Valley Rd for just a sec then you'll see the sign where the road splits, the high road goes to Parkfield, the low road in Indian Valley and eventually you can follow it through to Hwy 25 and the Pinnacles which I wrote up a while ago. (Great ride) So anyway, back to Parkfield... You take the high road and just follow the signs. Great scenery. For anyone riding from a fair distance, in Parkfield the owners of the cafe also have a small motel that you can book across the street. It's a very cool little town. Next weekend there will be thousands of bikers there for some kind of rally or something. It'll be mostly cruisers, though, so I dunno if we'll make that. I hear they'll be travelling at speeds topping -5 at times. ;) Anyway, that was pretty much the route yesterday, but if you come down, just let me know how many miles you want and what kind of traffic, and I can give you a loop from Atascadero and tell you where you'll need to gas up and where to eat.

9. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks For the Ride yesterday Reg and Tori....It was great. And thanks to Reg and his fast riding to get ahead of us for the Pics! More to come...Brian

10. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    Great looking ride!

I wish that I could teleport out there!

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    we'd love to have you out here legs. teleporting may not be an option, but there is an airport close. ;) we could probably track down another bike somehow. get this, I actually know a guy with a CBR 600 F3 that wont ride it because he started a new job and he's in the probation period for 18 months and he's afraid of getting hurt. I have offerred to ride it so it doesn't get lonely but he's never taken me up on it. I hate seeing a motorcycle neglected. there should be a charity organization for that kind of thing.

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    So what are you guys thinking for this sunday? the times I mentioned sound okay? invite anyone else you want. we'll try and get some decent pics. hopefully the weather we've been having will hold out. I'm off tomorrow so I may get some riding in. I was hoping you'd make the next ride Dan. I'm gonna try Chris also, and Vic, and anyone else I can think of...

13. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, im not gonna make it. I just dont have the ass for a ride that far. Sunday's 200 miles did me in. Plus, i have the exhaust on my bike torn off right now too. Hopefully it will be done by then anyway.

14. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Got my parts, now I just need to get to my bike and get them installed. Hopefully will have it all dialed in tomorrow. Give me a call and let me know the haps for Sunday. Won't have intarweb access until the cable installer comes in Monday at the new place.

15. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Well I for one hope you guys go out every Sunday, because us PNW riders have to get our fix through your rides till approximately March, about a 8 month riding season up here :pout:

16. Rev

Rev New Member

Bite your tongue: unless there's snow or ice on the ground I ride year-round.

17. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Those of you coming tomorrow bring cameras. Maybe we'll get a good pic for the calendar. My cam is not high enough resolution for it, though. I'll still be taking pictures for the lookie-lous, though...

18. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry to let you down Reg,..... I got your message too... cracked me up. LOL. Anyway, my bike is back together, exhaust work is done, but i can't handle a long ride like that. (sissy) Anyway,..... Mike and Brian said they would go,.... give'em a call.

Have a good ride. I'll look for pics.
    :peace: