Throttle problem on VFR 800 FI

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Beobg, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Beobg

Beobg New Member

Serbia
    Hello everyone
    I'm new to this forum so if I'm wrong about something, please do not mind.
    I have little problems with my long-awaited motorcycle.Honda VFR 800 Interceptor, year 2001.

During one ride, the car cut me off and I hit directly in the open hole of a sewage shaft with the rear wheel, a computer that was not (fixed) tied up (mistake of repairman)broke three cables that I pitched and somehow dragged home with visible problems with gas. Namely, he did not want to receive gas in the range of over 2000 rpm to some 5000 rpm. I called the repairman and replaced some things by the way, but the situation does not improve, it still does not receive the gas properly. I replaced the fuel filter in the reservoir (FI started to signal on over 7000 rpm- now its ok), it was mature to replace it, I turned it into a regular service, I bought another TPS, I carried the computer on diagnostics, cleaned the nozzles, examined the installation, and I still failed to solve the problem. Now I have also ordered a second fuel pressure regulator, because that's how the other bike I had behaved, so we'll see.
    (I had that problem with fuel pressure regulator on Honda CBR 600 F4i (2001), i brought newone, and i didnt have anymore problems.)

Does anyone have any recommendation if it's not something else to watch because I can not and will not pay the repairmans who come to see it say something, I buy it and thats not it. And then im again at the beginning.

Did anyone had similar problems and how did he solve them?

Please understand me I have not sat on my bike for 3 months I'm suffering with a malfunction.
    I hope that as two-wheel brothers you can understand me and help if you can.

Thank you for your time

I wish you safe roads and fill up tanks.

Greeting

2. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    If I understand this correctly, you had work done on your bike, the ECU wasn't correctly secured by the repairman and it was dislodged by the big bump, severing a couple of the cables coming off of the ECU and the mechanic didn't completely replace all of the damaged wires, now you're still having trouble? Why aren't you pressuring the mechanic to completely fix your bike?

RVFR likes this.