VFR 800 rc46 problems

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Vik, May 29, 2018.

1. Vik

Vik New Member

Estonia
    Hi guys, i've been experiencing some problems with my VFR 800, 04 and i was hoping for some advice. The thing is that when i drive "slowly" or with constant speed, say 50-70km/h the bike rides a bit twitchy. I can feel it pretty good at around 4-5k rpm.(60km/h in 2nd gear) or even more it appears while driving with a passenger. The acceleration is smooth and nice, VTEC works fine, gears change like they should, this twitchynes goes away as soon as i open the throttle a bit. But you know, i can't always be accelerating :D sometimes i just want to ride smoothly in traffic.
    I've changed the engine oil + filter and the air filter + spark plugs + sync'ed the starter valves. The problem is still there.
    Any suggestions?

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    PCV most likely will fix this.
    Mine did the same thing before installing one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Vik

Vik New Member

Estonia
    But what will the PCV fix? wrong fuel injection? definitely should be a reason for that problem then. it's not that the PCV comes in standard with the bike and if i remove it i'll get problems :)

4. Vik

Vik New Member

Estonia
    any one else had some similar problems? i've also done the "free mods" with the choker/air box intake and PAIR. But i didn't notice any difference after that.
    But when sync'ing the starter valves i've found a hose and an electrical clip closed and sealed with tape. And i have no idea what they are for :D