VFR1200F Propeller shaft Recall Service experience.

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by nic579, May 2, 2016.

1. nic579

nic579 New Member

So I took my new bike in to be serviced at the Honda Dealer in , North Tonawanda, NY 14120 and am appalled at the lack of care taken while servicing my bike. It was clear that they did not have a proper stand and galled the finish on the swing-arm. Yes it's the bottom side but WTF. Oil left on joint at primary drive joint galled nuts oil left at filler cap, oil left on rear break assembly and bolt head galled from poorly fitting sockets or wrong sizes. Seriously the guy that worked on the thing should have his ass kicked out the doors of the shop. So after seeing all of this on inspection when i arrived home in my garage and having put the bike on a proper stand I decide to look under the cover rear swing arm cover and they had gouged up the swing arm removing / replacing the 4 bolts holding the primary drive to the swing arm also I will be taking photos and sending them to Honda corp and questioning the service manager as to the quality of work I received. I could understand one little slip up but this shows total disregard for my motorcycle. I am left feeling sick at the pit of my stomach that the person that did this installed the shaft and feel somewhat concerned for my safety riding the bike now.

2. nic579

nic579 New Member

Can anyone give me the torque specs for the
    wheel lugs
    Break Caliper bolts
    4 bolts holding the final drive

I just want to look at this myself.

3. nic579

nic579 New Member

OK found downloadable Manual. no need for the specs.

4. Latinojw

Latinojw New Member

Don't feel too bad... I went in for a new tire on front rim. 1st replace on a 2013 vfr1200f and see what they did to my rim.....[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Latinojw

Latinojw New Member

Nothing a 700$ rim won't fix.... And had to get something for the withdrawals ......[​IMG]

6. nic579

nic579 New Member

How did they do that to the rim?

Nice Yamaha, I have loved all my Yamaha's expecially the T2 bikes. Top T2's in order 1988 TZ250U, 1989 YZ250, 1976 RD400C. The Status of the RD is likely to change as its still under a total restoration.

tz250u.jpg yz250.jpg rd400.jpg IMG_3088.jpg

I found more when I looked my bike over in the daylight seems they somehow gouged my headlight. I am just astounded these places stay in business. I need to go into the shop and have a talk with the service manager now that my rage has subsided some.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  7. Latinojw

Latinojw New Member

Many including myself ask the same question..how was it possible someone could do that to the rim. The point is that the new rim should be here either tomorrow or Friday and I should be good to go for the weekend :)

8. nic579

nic579 New Member

Can only hope people like this never work on airplanes. Although I suspect there have been a few incidents do to this type of buffoonery.