Want to replace the exauhst

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by roniz1, Nov 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. roniz1

roniz1 New Member

United States
    I would like to replace the exaust on my bike 2006 vfr 800,
    I have carbon fiber terramundi tubes that I would like to keep and a PC3 to tune.

any reccomendations on a system?

2. roniz1

roniz1 New Member

United States
    termignoni exhaust sorry....

3. slovcan

slovcan New Member

Canada
    Annapolis Valley, NS, Canada - IBA #63720
    If you're just replacing the cans there shouldn't be any need for tuning just for that. PC3 tuning might help a bit, though, even with everything stock.

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I actually replaced the stock 01 headers with stock 98-99 headers on my 5 Gen. The 98-99 are both cat-less and have bigger primaries than the later year headers (2000+). I also have a set ready to go for my 6 Gen. I had both sets retrofitted with O2 bungs, so I can use the Rapid Bike auto tuning feature and also had them ceramic coated.

The bungs cost me $40 to have installed and ceramic coating cost me $225 (per header). I had thought about looking for some aftermarket headers but found the current offerings out there less than impressive. Unfortunately the 2Bros and other high performance headers are pretty much unavailable, unless you get really lucky! I was able to find both of the OEM headers for less than $200 each shipped though, so I’m not too far down the hole cost wise IMO. It should go without saying but that’s the way I recommend going if you’re looking to replace the headers, that is unless you already have the 98-99 headers on your bike, then I say leave them on and perhaps get them wrapped or ceramic coated.

5. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    What are you trying to accomplish with a different exhaust? That might help others help you.

6. roniz1

roniz1 New Member

United States
    My headers and mid pipes are a little ratty looking and I dont think they are tight enough, it always sounds like I have a leak in the front.
    plus previous owner dropped it the left side is a little bent in the back. I am also having a hell of a time trying to get things to loosen up.

Also just thinking about pulling them off re doing copper seals up front and painting it flat black.