07 Vfr Engine Breakin Smell

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by gsdfriendly, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    What a beautiful bike! Now of course, I am biased because I own one. I do like the grey/silver color but my 2009 is black. I find mine to be quite comfy but everyone is different. I would like to ride the 750. It is amazing to me that so few dealerships let customers demo ride.

2. VIFFER RIDER

VIFFER RIDER New Member

United States
    Map
    2009 has a few changes that make it for comfy, one of them is your thighs don't roast to death in slow traffic or at a stop light because they moved the exhaust pipe to the center of the bike instead of next to your right thigh. My crotch would sweat sitting at a stop light with that thing. Riding it on the street has alot to be desired as the seat is very high and bars are very low so you sit like you're getting ready to get ass reamed. When you brake hard it feels like im going to fly over the bars or do a endo because of its extreme sloped stance. The rear end kinda gets squirmy/unsettled at its limits, probably needs some work on the suspension though. Wind protection is non existent without a aftermarket windscreen (or you regularly ride tucked like a moto gp rider). The only things i like about it is its slim, light weight, lotsa low-mid range power and easy to lean over into a turn, and its good looks.

3. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    I laughed out loud with your description of the seating...I prefer to describe it somewhat differently (lol)! The suspension is much improved on the 2009. I find the wind protection to be very good though. And yes, the slimness, the lightness, the ease of manuevering, and that wonderful low-mid power are its main attractions. My Viffer doesn't get out much anymore!
    Sorry to hijack this Thread!