16K mile valve check and adjustment

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by jasonhallman03vfr, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Has anyone performed the 16,000 mile valve check and adjustment on their '02 or '03 VFR? Did the valves even need any adjustment? As I do not have a service manual yet I am not aware of what this involves. Is it worth it to do the job yourself? Any tips or pointers from anyone who has done this service?

Please help me realize my dream of total independence from dealership service departments by relating your experiences. Only by working together can we achieve this goal.

-Jason

2. mankaw

mankaw New Member

Map
  3. Thanks, mankaw! Very extensive thread and worth checking out. If anyone from the US can provide first-hand experience on the dealer cost of the 16,000 mile valve clearance/adjustment for the VTEC please do so. Thanks!

-Jason.

4. Overkill

Overkill New Member

Yup. I just posted this on a different thread, but should have probably put it here instead. ::)

My local shop quoted me $371+parts+tax (9.25% here in Knoxville) for a total of about $450 for the 16k scheduled maintenance. The 8k service should be about half that.

Tom