1980 CM400

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Pliskin, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Guys. Been a long time since I've been here. Sadly had to sell the VFR a few years ago, and still haven't made it back to getting one. But I will! With things that are going on in life, I'd be lucky to do 1000 miles a year, so it just doesn't make sense to get one only to park it.

But aside from that, I wanted to pick your collective brain. I came across a guy selling a 1980 Honda CM400. I know nothing about these bikes. It's not something that I ever thought I'd see myself on, but for whatever reason, the bike intrigues me. Its got 13,000 miles on it, pretty clean, and everything (at first glance) appears to work as it should. Runs and rides.

Aside from the obvious - like its a little bike! - what's your thoughts on this? What would I need to be concerned with? Would it work for me, being 6'2" and 225#, as just a bike to tool around on, shoot over to a fiends house, etc.? Price seems pretty reasonable - well below $1,000. From a quick search on-line, seems like most people are asking double to triple what this bike is going for.

I'm really missing being on 2 wheels, and while its not a $ issue, I just refuse to spend thousands on a VFR that I know is going to sit for extended periods of time.

Any help or insight?