1984 VF1000 has me stumped........................

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Anyoldiron, Sep 1, 2017.

1. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    You might be an actual idiot and not know it ! you stated that you synched the carbs in original post, then had to do it over again cuz you didn't have it right. good work ??

seems mean to rip into a guy who only wants to help and has over 50 years experience fixin car and bike carbs.

2. Anyoldiron

Anyoldiron New Member

Canada

No, i did them again, because i had them off again, but thats by the by. This isnt for you squirrelman, your kind of narcissistic stupid is beyond repair, this is for any novices who might be fooled by your post count that you actually know what your talking about, rather than regurgitated internet BS

Common mechanical theory; in order for a engine to run efficiently it has to be synchronised, the same fuel and air mix going in to each carb at the correct time and measure.

Squirrelman theory; for reasons yet not explained, that at around 80kmph this all goes out the window carbs dont need to be synchronised for a engine to run its best.......................................oddly enough ive NEVER read in any manual, that synchronization doesnt matter at any F&*&^^$ speed. lf anything its referred to as being important.

................................. and as for doing it for 50 years you casualty , ive been chasing women longer than that, it doesnt mean im any good at it.

3. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    i have no doubt that i've given tons of helpful carb info to dozens of VFRW and VFRD riders, and i've worked on many of their carbs with excellent results.

You're a nasty piece of work, insulting and trying to putdown a well-respected member who was only trying to help. It's OK to disregard the info you think might be incorrect, but to insult and criticize a member isn't so nice or considerate.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. Anyoldiron

Anyoldiron New Member

Canada

.....................nice try at deflection, its not working. ......But just for you i wasn't asking for help, i came here to thank those that helped when help was asked for, which wasn't you .
    You decided i needed to be the recipient of your unsolicited, unqualified (still) and completely erroneous ''advice''. Well, now you have got how much of a p$%^k i am out of the way, there is no reason for your next comment noy to contain the qualification of your theory is there? Enquiring minds must know.,so please get on with it, life is short.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    have it your way, bunky. your manners, sir, are not up to general Canadian standards. :oops:

6. Anyoldiron

Anyoldiron New Member

Canada
    ....................................is that the best explanation to your ''theory'' your 50 years experience can provide? You can whine all you like, it will not detract from your complete lack of information.

7. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Could be the plug cap.