1987 Honda VFR700F2-In White-In Canada!

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Glenngt750, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I bet that I have got one of the few white VFR Interceptors in Canada. After being burned on a 1986 VFR400 w/ProArm, I was a bit gun shy to go see this supposedly "Good condition" 1987 VFR700. Has been ridden 400 miles in the last 10 years! Thought I'd be lucky to see it, as I knew there'd be high interest. By the time I was able to arrange a time to go see it, the seller had already made a deal w/ the previous Owner to sell it back to him. I was told that I could come and see it, and if the deal fell through, I could make an offer. The old Owner knew the dudes brother, so the Seller was being extra nice to the guy. The guy said he'd buy it only if it started up. After sitting for 10 years, it did! Dam, I thought it'd be gone for sure. It started, but wouldn't take any throttle. You have to have the choke on, and just let it idle. The old Owner then asked the Seller to tell him how much it would cost to have the carb's cleaned. I thought maybe $500.00. One shop said too old! Then another shop said $800-$1000, as long as it was an easy fix, where the carb's didn't need to be split. If they did, up to $1500.00! I thought, the old Owner would just clean them up himself, or dump some Sea-Foam type carb. cleaner in and hope for the best. Nope! Too much money he said. I then offered the guy $2200.00Cdn, and loaded it up. Even came with a Corbin seat and a heavy cover! It doesn't smoke when it runs, shifts into first and third gear, nicely, and starts to warm up properly. No loud ticking or unusual noises. I'm going to try and clean the carbs up, change oil and filter and go for a spin. Needs a good bath and waxing. Its far from perfect, but still looks good!
    ...and one thing I learned on this site, post pictures or suffer the rath of 50 people!:grief::sentimental: DSC00001.JPG DSC00003.JPG DSC00006.JPG DSC00013.JPG DSC00014.JPG DSC00010.JPG DSC00007.JPG

2. 74ullc

74ullc New Member

Alright man! Good score again! The collection grows.

The pics are ok for now, but we're gonna need higher res ones very soon. :biggrin-new:

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Very Nice (in Borat voice)

4. desktopdave

desktopdave New Member

United States
    Map
    That's a great looking machine! You did well. The carbs aren't really that bad to overhaul. New seal and fastener kits are avaliable.

Pull them and find a shop with a nice big ultrasonic bath. Or send them along to Squirrelman - he's our resident carb expert.