1st / 2nd Gen Service manual Download links

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by hoobatech, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Ribrickulous

Ribrickulous New Member

United States
    Anyone have the parts catalog for a 1985 VF700F?

Looking through this thread and the links didn't turn one up. Nabbed the service manual, but no parts fiche.

2. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

United States
    Map
    I think for parts catalogs you'll need to look online at parts sellers. I've never seen a separate parts catalog you can download.

Here's my favorite parts catalog. https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vf700_model307/
    Once you get the part number you can do a general search from any parts suppliers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    AceSW20 likes this.
  3. Ribrickulous

Ribrickulous New Member

United States
    Bah. That’s a bummer.

They do exist - I know Honda publishes them, but I suppose nobody has scanned them.

There’s one available: https://diyrepairmanuals.com/product/1985-honda-vf700f-motorcycle-parts-catalog/

But I’m not going to pony up the $200

Edit: hold please - found an eBay buyer that sells a PDF on a CD… $18 shipped… now to find a CD drive…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  4. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Worked at a Honda dealer for 14 years starting in 1991. Never saw a printed parts list manual for models. It was still microfiche when I started. I suspect any CD's are just digitized microfiche, which at that point you might as well just use an online version, at least you get the latest supercessions and availability.

They used to do it sometimes for 1960's bikes, maybe into the early 70's. I have one for my CA95 Benly.

But I could be wrong, let's see what you found.

5. Ribrickulous

Ribrickulous New Member

United States
    Likely what it is, but I believe the microfiches show quantities and descriptions adjacent to the exploded diagram, at least they do for the 350 manual I have.

You’re absolutely right - you do need to cross ref with any superseded parts, but this is a good way to do high volume parts ordering - o rings, hoses, etc…

Hopefully those basic items don’t have much in the way of superseded parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
  7. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

United States
    Map
    High-volume Parts ordering, for these bikes? I don't know if you're joking around or if you're serious. Lol.
    The website at the link I posted tends to show actual pictures of the parts most of the time. That's why I like that particular site.

8. Ribrickulous

Ribrickulous New Member

United States
    Here's what I've got:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3lz7ggrOcFs6qH7lnY3OkBU0wlo7zco/view?usp=sharing

Took me a few days to find a CD drive to read the thing. Photos in the front are unusable, but the exploded views and part numbers are very clear on 11x17.

I print these things and keep them handy because It's easier for me to thumb through my binder that has the shop manual, parts fiche, and a notebook to jot down parts I need as I'm working on the bike, then go to the computer and hunt through ebay, babbitts, partzilla, what have you all in one shot at the end of a session.

Let me know if someone needs the file a different way. Happy to help get it into people's hands. It's a ~47mb file, so I can't upload it directly to this post.

9. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Downloaded. That's pretty cool.

I think I'm so used to having a computer in the shop right next to my lift and workbench, that I just use a screen. I create a text file or spreadsheet for what I'm working on with my needs / wants / notes. I can also then augment the digital file at work or while surfing on my phone at a bar or something.

Thanks for finding and posting!

Ribrickulous likes this.
  10. The_Doctor

The_Doctor New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Colddevil likes this.