1st Bike

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Stinger, Apr 23, 2007.

1. JRotten

JRotten New Member

The viffer is a great bike and handles well for a beginner to ride it. The question is the rider experince. On the road, it is a differnt world and I have seen way too many first time riders buy brand new bikes and take only less than 6 months before they are making a insurance claim.

It is the best to take a MSF course and get yourself a reliable used bike for your first year or two of riding. Once you logged in the miles and understand the enviroment/awareness required to be a skilled rider, then you can get that new bike and not worry about a pending insurance claim.

2. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    Stinger sounds like a good deal puts out about the same hp as viffer & lighter a good wheelie machine if thats what you want sold my ninja zx 10 for a vfr my buddies tell me i whent down to chick bike or a one step up from a scooter , ya what ever. a vfr is not a wheelie machine but at least i dont need an ass transplant or new back every time i go for a long ride the power on the zx was unreal but not needed for the street. 600 r is same prone riding position i just found it too painfull and not enjoyable on long rides.

3. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Well I have my choice of black or white, both have the ABS option. Looking at a high rez photo, I'm partial to the white.

Does 14k Cdn out the door seem fair?

4. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    thats about what i was quoted last year from honda dealer for bike with abs 11800 +pdi+13%tax thats gota be close to 14k