Accessories for Sale 1st Gen Rear Solo Seat Cowl (Sold)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by abro22, Apr 13, 2022.

1. abro22

abro22 New Member

United States
    Map
    Unfortunately (I've held off on this for the past 6 years as I've been abroad and always had plans to come back and work on the bike again), I'm parting out my 83 VF750F and selling whatever parts I do have for it.

I just posted this on ebay, though I could make some deals with various parts for anyone here and sidestep ebay. I picked up one of the NOS rear seat cowls in 2012 for a pretty penny and spent some time finding the mounting hardware and everything to use it. It's still in new condition as shortly after I got it, the cams on the bike decided to eat themselves.

As I have it, I would really like to get at least $175 for it (and we can figure out shipping for wherever anyone lives). That said, if anyone wants any other parts, let me know and I could work out some sort of deal as a combo. I have to check in the garage, but I have at least 2 parts motors, a custom front end made by Jamie (Daugherty) using a 98 VTR1000F Superhawk front end with VF1000 uppers, and an F3 shock and the mods to the swingarm to fit an F2 rear wheel/brakes. I think at the moment, I have the VTR bars on the forks, though I also have the VF1000 ones somewhere.

There's a bunch of other stuff. I'll try and get some photos in the coming days (I'm in the US for the month and am trying to sort through things so I can clear out the garage).

Anyways, here's the rear cowl: (more images on ebay HERE)[​IMG]

You can find pics of the overall bike in my past posts. I'd like to see these parts going to people on here that will/can actually use them. Just wanted to post it in case anyone wants anything in particular (just message and ask and I'll look through everything and find it).

2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Just bought it off your eBay listing.

4. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    Did that come with the proper locking mech? quick pickup Capt.

5. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    It appears to be COMPLETE

6. abro22

abro22 New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, when I got it, I had hunted down the proper brackets/plugs to remove the stock handles that held the rear cowl on, as well as the locking mech for it. I have no idea where I found them at the time as I can't seem to find anything related to these cowls now?

7. abro22

abro22 New Member

United States
    Map
    Did a quick search of my Google history from 2013 when I bought it and apparently at the time, I got all of the hardware/lock mech from Motosport.com. They don't have any OEM parts for anything older than 86 now, though.

RogueRC24 likes this.