2006 honda vfr or 2006 triumph sprint st

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by RICSTER, Nov 10, 2006.

1. grinder

grinder New Member

Welcome. You made exactly the same choice I did. I doubt that you will regret it, I certainly haven't.

2. MrHEAT

MrHEAT New Member

Dont Worry About The Power---there Is Plenty There--

3. hattingh

hattingh New Member

Same old question... VFR or ST... Like all of us, I had a look at those two bikes. The ST sounds great and goes well too, much quicker than the VFR, but it looks like an old man's bike... Its not bad-looking, don't get me wrong, but its just an old man's bike. The Honda build quality and reliability are legendary. I chose the VFR...

4. Def-E-nition

Def-E-nition New Member

South Africa
    Map
    Nog N suid afrikaner met smaak . Toe vat ek nou sommer die Vfr ook .

Got mine for a bargain . Paid Trade for an 06 . the sprint I saw being tested here , and although I Like the 3 cyulinder thing , Its the V4 that straightens my shorts , Bob .

Couldnt be happier . Riding this thing after getting off a Cbr or Blade - who needs power when you get this big a smile from the comfort .. Price wise , i reckon the sprint is a lot more than the VFR too .

5. cgsportbike

cgsportbike New Member

I had to make the same choice... Sprint vs. VFR.

I've had my 05 VFR for a year now and haven't regetted the decision one single day. Over 8,000 miles on it now and still smiling.

You'll continue to be happy with your choice is my guess.

6. winaje

winaje New Member

Wow, glad to know that I am not the only one grappling with this decision. I have got dealers for both bikes within 500m of each other, and I think that the dealer support is a very valid point. The local Triumph dealer seems to be less reliable than the local Honda dealer. Looks like I am leaning back toward the VFR again (was leaning toward the Triumph to the point of registering a domain for a site etc...). Thanks to all for the enlightening posts etc...

7. cgsportbike

cgsportbike New Member

I don't know what it is like down in Australia, but for me dealer support was a big issue. I do a couple 3 - 5 day "Destination Unknown" trips each year and, though Honda is renowned for their reliability, I knew if I did have a mechanical issue in "no where," USA, any Honda dealer would be able to order the part. Finding "the next Triumph dealer" might be harder than you'd want it to be!

8. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    wow- sounds familiar couldent decied either had my heart set on a duc st or triumph st -what agreat looking bike!! but way more $$$ and hard to find at even full price. no regrets on the vfr a great bike more reliable, enough ponys for me i really dont need to go over 150mphr. the thing that really sucks with the stock viffffer is that lousy exhaust note, but have a set of staintunes coming that should fix that with the bags a new screen and maybe a corbin seat i think i have the perfect machine still less money than the others (not by much) good luck on your choice! in the end you can never go to far wrong with a honda:lever: