2009 Kawasaki line up

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by jev., Sep 21, 2008.

1. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
  2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Honda closed their US sportbike plant. They only make goldwings here now. Big "if's" in Honda's US market in the near future.

3. Army86VFR750

Army86VFR750 New Member

I rode a Z1000 in Myrtle Beach. Nice bike, power low-mid, but that seat sucks. Corbin already has that fixed!

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

But Kawi turned their Touring bike into another stinking Hardly Clone by adding bags to a Vulcan.

5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    The Marysville, OH plant never produced any sportbikes, nor did any other US Honda plant. They only produced the Goldwing, VTX, and Shadows. Too bad about that closing, but what can ya do?

6. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

Speaking of Kawi's......

My first bike was an '88 EX500 and it looks like they've barely changed that thing since then. Wonder why? Even the Ninja 250 looks superior.

7. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I'm with you simplyJ.

They even advertise the ZZR600 with a women riding it. Finally, a motorcycling company showing a women rider.

I wish I new what Honda was thinking.

BZ

8. derstuka

Map
    Bubba...you better do a "ball check" on yourself just to be sure! Next thing you are gonna talk about burning bras...hahaha! Messin' with you sir!

9. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    Nice, honda seems more focused on super sports.
    Be nice to see what is in store for the sport touring but not to excited as we have heard so little. Usually sominthing is mentioned.

I would not be suprised if they simply cut the VFR.

10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    No problem Stuka.

My wife questions me all the time about this LOL!

Actually, I'm a big lesbian at heart. So "no Bra's" and vaginas don't scare me!

By the way, bra's make good kindlling for roasting smores!

It's what happens when your a scag!

BZ

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  11. 15dollar

15dollar New Member

Map
    I would not be surprised to see Kawi phase the Ninja 500 out of the line up. With the increase in price of the Ninja 250 and the intro of the Ninja 650R a few years ago, the Ninja 500 no longer serves a real need.

12. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Speaking of Kawasaki...

What's with Motorcyclist Magazine voting the Versys the Bike Of The Year? Seriously, what is it that this bike does that merits it's selection? It's a butt ugly standard that does pretty much nothing in particular great. It just does most things OK. So why then does it get the BOTY? A used VFR is better at EVERYTHING with the exception of MPG. I can live with the Versys getting 55MPG when my 00 VFR gets 46+ all day, every day. My first & foremost complaint is the bike is fugly. Like I've said many times in many posts, why the F are bikes getting uglier & uglier?

On a side note, I visited the local Honda dealer looking for parts for the Hawk. Not a single person in the dealer knew anything about any new or significantly revised bike in Honda's lineup. Once again, if there is a new VFR, no one seems to know anything about it. Like always, I'm not holding my breath.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

13. Army86VFR750

Army86VFR750 New Member

I went by the local big bike dealer today and they said their Honda rep said they're going to stop making all Hondas in the US and move everything back to Japan. New bikes are not due out until 2010, and nothing really new.

Who knows?

14. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Honda has completely redone the CRF450R for 2009. only 4 or 5 parts carry over.
    I'm very impressed by the new bike.
    (Oh yeah, I ride dirt, too.)

15. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    If there is not some new blood in the sport tour line up for Honda, it'll be another nail in the coffin.
    The VFR and ST are good bikes, but the world can only put up with new paint schemes for so long. I wonder how many have outgrown their sport bike and moved to another brand because Honda only provided an alternative that was stale.

16. VsVFR

VsVFR New Member

Map
    Why has Honda's bike line-up been on such a diet over the past few years, while almost every other manufacturer has been continually expanding theres? BMW has almost doubled their offerings, Kawi (as shown above), Suzuki has thrown in some new rides and Yamaha has been rolling out new wheels as well.

WHAT'S UP Honda? Are they just going to crunch it down to the basics and just be donw with it? The Goldwing, VTX, 1000RR and 600RR. I guess they'd save space on showroom floors for everybody else's bikes. Please get off the Hollywood diet Honda and breathe some life back into this brand.

Vs

17. derstuka

Map
    Well, IMHO....I believe it is because they hardly make a profit selling bikes. They make MUCH more money selling cars, trucks, lawn mowers, generators, weed wackers, robots, etc...than they do bikes...much more volume. The focus is on cars, trucks, and hybrids now. No other manufacturer offers such a broad product selection. I wish they would wake up as well...trust me, I do. Just not enough focus, as they have dropped the ball, they see where it is, and they just don't care enough to pick it up.... sad sad....

18. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I don't mind the selection being not as huge as long as it stays as reliable and they do continue updating it occasionally. I don't see them getting out of bike making, but it does seem to not be their focus as it once was...

19. IrrerD

IrrerD New Member

I work at a dealer, and we are truly in the dark about the future of the VFR. Even our Honda rep says he doesn't know anything yet, and Honda didn't have their annual convention. So, what we do know is... The Big Red UTV is (as far as we know right now) the only brand new model, the TRX420s (FE, TE, FM, TM) got power steering and independent rear suspension, and the CRF450R is almost entirely new and gets battery-less fuel injection. All other models (again, this may change) are the same with no planned changes till next year (our rep mentioned that the CBRs were getting some changes for 2010.)

20. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Right on, KC...I felt the same way. An "interesting" bike for sure but MC of the year? Huh? I didn't get it either. I also agree that the look of a machine is incredibly important. If you don't want to hang out in the garage looking at it there is something wrong.