2010 Minnesota Riders?

Discussion in 'USA - North' started by virgo1962, Mar 29, 2010.

1. virgo1962

virgo1962 New Member

Anyone ready to ride yet??? ... :banana: ...

2. KingTito

KingTito New Member

I've been riding for about a week now. Mostly puttering around town until this morning when I headed out from Minneapolis for a nice ride out past Prescott, WI. Left about 745am. Was back home by around 1030am. Wish I could have stayed out longer but had things to do around the house. Nice and sunny out if not a little chilly but I was ready for that.

VFR ran like a champ. Just changed the oil last week. Last year, I did the chain and sprockets late in the season so this was my longest ride with the new ones. Nice and smooth.

Overall, great to be back on the VFR. Just reinforced why I love these bikes. Smooth, great sound, comfortable, well built, more than enough power to keep it entertaining.

3. virgo1962

virgo1962 New Member

Cool, yeah i have been riding a bit - i think i have about 400 miles on it now - just bought a new left-over 2007.

I would be up for doing some rides this summer as my schedule permits. Had a bit of a scare this past sunday - my arms got tired and numb. This must be different than my Ninja 500. Gotta learn to not put weight on my arms. Or i could get bar risers or something, assuming this bike is a bit bigger and my reach is longer now.

Although my arms are fine if it is only a half-hour commute. But rode two 45-minute trips last sunday, and that was when i noticed it.

One other thing, i have been babying this during the break-in period, but i also did noticed once when the V-Tec kicked in, that was pretty wild! Mine kicks in at 6100 rpm as opposed to 8000 i think for the older ones?

4. diggitydog

diggitydog New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey, jsut came accross this. About 750 miles so far. Been a great spring!

Would be interested in joining on rides if we can get schedules to work out.

Later!
    Dave

5. virgo1962

virgo1962 New Member

hi dave,
    i also saw your other post on the older thread.
    yeah i have a similar issue with alternating weekends with kids,
    but for sure we can keep in touch and see what works out!
    What part of town are you in?

6. reaper777

reaper777 New Member

Map
    ive been out sense the end of feb, alrdy racked up 1k+ miles. been riding every day (even the cold azz 30 degree weather, i know im nuts ). hopin to catch up with some of you guys, but im the mean time i guess i stick to my twisties on minn 113 :wink: btw im from bemidji and do down to alexandria couple times a month, so pooh if your still on i go right thou your town :rolleyes:

PS: for you guys in the cities theres Dulono's Pizza bike night, its every first thrusday of the month at Lake St and Garfield Ave at 7:30 P.M, starting may 6th, so cya guys there

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  7. diggitydog

diggitydog New Member

United States
    Map
    I live in New Hope. Just off 169 and 36th St N.

I rode 360 miles yesterday down in Alphabet soup (SW Wisconsin). Rode with 3 other bikes. We swapped around a bit, and I got some great seat time in. Rode an '05 ZX10 R, an '08 Monster SR4, and a '97 900 RR. Tons of FUN!!!!! All them great in their own way. I think I'd kill myself on that ZX10, though. Holy Sh*t is that thing fast!!! 180 hp with RAM air and the bike weighs all of like 390 lbs dry. Unbelievable!!!!!! The Monster is a ton of fun too (about 140 ponies) , but the short wheel base takes some getting used to. The 900 RR is a great all around bike with plenty of pull as well, but nothing came close to that ZX10.

Overall though, I'd take my VFR pretty much any day of the week. I'd say I was definitely the most comfortable of the group. After 300 miles, they were pretty much shot. I went home and picked up a girl and took her for a 60 mile dinner run. Jumped on it this morning and commuted to work. Can't do that very well with any of the others.