2011 VFR Crossrunner (800)

Discussion in 'Crossrunner' started by betarace, Nov 2, 2010.

1. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

loose the off road type high mount front fender, X out the cross and call it " Roadrunner " and I think they have some thing.

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
  3. bitterpil

bitterpil New Member

United States
    Map
    Looks like the target market Is older commuters that like the look of an adventure touring bike. Not altogether a terrible marketing stratagy.. Look how many 4x4 vehicles sold in the us that never see a dirt road. Or how many pickup trucks ford sells (Harley Edition) that do little more than haul sunshine. It will sell probably fine.

4. bitterpil

bitterpil New Member

United States
    Map
    Anyone remember this? The Honda Varadero / XL1000 a/k/a superhawk
    [​IMG]

5. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
  6. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Is anyone now going to continue to think that I'm crazy when I say that, "Honda doesn't even know that VFRW exsists?"

7. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I like it

I've ridden my 750 Shadow on many miles of dirt roads. There are many miles of forest service roads out here where that thing would ride perfectly.

Clearly it's no dual sport for jumping and baja'ing but would handle the many miles of unpaved dirt roads this country has to offer.

Put some bags on it and there are few places I can't go in the west

[​IMG]

8. Davis5g

Davis5g New Member

Map
  9. Davis5g

Davis5g New Member

Map
  10. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Here is a "new" bike that I can evaluate without farting on its seat. This is my VFR, right down to the same engine, EFI, gearbox, swingarm, brakes and suspension. And the same gross weight. This Crossrunner apparently even uses the same slippery footpegs that Honda put on my VFR. I reckon Honda wants to make some quick $$$ by extending the manufacturing lifespan of the 6th Generation VFR - after all, it cost money to R&D a new bike like the V-4 1200 and tool for its production. I love my VFR; it ihas a broad sporty focus that makes it a good long-distance sport tourer. This "new" Crossrunner is the identical bike with virtually identical compromises - except it might be easier to change the oil filter! That said, I think Honda may have gone over the top with the "virtual adventure bike" theme. For exmple, I can't help laughing out loud at the sight of THAT luggage on my VFR! Ha-ha-ha-ha! Ahem . . . sorry about that. Wonder what MSRP? Not that I am interested in replacing my pretty 2004 VFR with this . . . .

11. 2010camaroSS

2010camaroSS New Member

I can deal with the looks (not too horrible), but I can't deal with the fact that this is the same bike as the 02-09 800. If Honda took a reworked 800 engine(no v-tec,better low end fueling), lighter chasis(doesn't have to be a different chasis), total weight loss around 100lbs, and priced around 10-11k. Then I would be praiseing Honda as the smartest company to ever exist all the way to the dealer for a test ride.

12. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    I understand your point of view. What is this bike? Is it supposed to be Honda's midsize F800ST/800GS/Mulitstrada/800 Tiger/KTM Adventure for the U.S. in 2011? Or is it only pretending to be that? I like my VFR (after fixing the notchy-snatchy fueling and suspension) just fine, but I question buying this repackaged "virtual adventure/commuter" VFR bike new in 2011 over the competition. It's a 6th Generation. It might make sense if it's as cheap as new 6th Gens you see on the showroom floor today. But launching this platform as a "new" bike in 2011? The competition does/will have better suspension, more torque and be lighter, eh? Honda, what is going on?

13. Solomoto

Solomoto New Member

Map
    Based on all the armchair critics and negativity on this site, I'm reminded why I don't spend much time here. This site perhaps should consider a name change: VFR Whiners

14. phobe

phobe New Member

Map
    They'll be whining even louder when the initial reviews come out and they can't buy one.

15. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    I've always been of the opinion if I don't like a thread I don't read it. And If I'm going to write something I'm going to contribute to the thread.

So in your opinion. What makes this bike so great?

I really am curious,

16. Solomoto

Solomoto New Member

Map
    Your logic is rather flawed. How do you know if you don't like a thread without reading it? And your question is non-sequitur, has nothing to do with my original point.
    BTW, your original pre-edited post was rather, shall I say, juvenile which is reflected in your logic.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  17. betarace

betarace New Member

you so funny, you make kong laugh

18. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    As your Precedent-elect, seat farting is now mandatory. The procedure will be sit, fart, make zoom noises and then write up a bitchy-whiny post. The beauty of the new mandate is that all can be done in cyberspace without even seeing the bike on your very own four wheel office chair with height adjustment and real leather if you got a few bucks. Farting on a seat for real should not be done if you have a Corbin. The link to "damp leather" has a 4.5 min vid of a dude on a Ural sidehack riding up Hurricane Ridge on the Olympic Peninsula. Aint no fuckin way that pig even with Casey Stoner on it will do that climb in 4.5 min.

19. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    To Solo and Phobe: I don't see anyone around here "whining." What I see are members voicing their displeasure at what is seemingly Hondas detachment from their customer base. Honda, for years, has been sitting on a perceived "trump card" in regards to a V4 powered superbike. An untold number of members here and elsewhere have been clamoring, if not begging, for a machine of this ilk to be released. Many of us had hoped that the 7 gen VFR, or a version of it, would represent the bike that so many of us would immediately purchase upon it's release. Instead, Honda seems intent on releasing the likes of the DN-01, the VFR 1200, and whatever name they decide to give this cross-over of leftover parts. Honda has upped the weight on virtually all of their machines, accomplishing the exact opposite of what so many of us desire. They have also allocated a couple of models (CB-1000R) to the European market only, models which did hold appeal here in the U.S. My point is that we seem to be getting machines that nobody has asked for while the one machine that is highly desired and requested remains entirely in the wish in one hand and shit in the other phase. A machine, by the way, that Honda is totaly capable of producing.

The VFR 1200 has probably received unfair criticism due to these issues, and I for one think that the VFR 1200 is a great motorcycle. Just because the VFR 1200 isn't what many of us had hoped for doesn't make it a bad bike. It just makes it another bike in the line that isn't the bike so many people want. I suspect that your comments about whining have much more to do with this than anything else.

20. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    My pre-edited post was a little juvenile. It was a kind of love it or leave it attitude. That's why I edited it. All I'm saying is if you start to read a thread and think "these guys are a bunch of whiners" just don't go back to that thread or post an opinion on the subject.

And since this is a thread about the 2011 VFR Crossrunner I would really like to know, in your opinion, what is so great about this bike?
    :cheersaf: