2014 Deluxe $8888 NEW!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Lint, Jan 12, 2016.

1. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    after looking at the new model-I don't like it. Radiator in the front- to collect rocks-fake upside down forks, but for $8800 for the fancy model-I might change my mind-it also is slower by quite a bit:whoops: I like my bike better.
    They must have sold it too.

2. Reighnman

Reighnman New Member

Map
    The dealer here in SE Wisconsin has 8 of them (4 std/4 dlx) for $7,359 OTD and $8,526 OTD (dlx).

Thinking about getting one not sure about the deluxe though due to poor reviews on TC/auto-signals. Grips are nice till you have to replace them..

3. fatbastard

fatbastard New Member

United States
    Map

I wouldn't worry about the signals, they're fine. You use them normally, I cancel them manually anyway out of habit. You just get in the habit of pressing them again if your going through a sequence of turns. If it really gives you the shits, it's easy to disconnect and just run them manually just like any other bike.

Traction control isn't brilliant, but I've only had it cut in once in 6 months accelerating hard on a rough surface, so while it's not as sophisticated and unobtrusive as some systems, at least it works. It's not as if the bike really needs it anyway as the power delivery is pretty smooth and turning it off is always an option.

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Go for the Deluxe, great price. Don't worry about the reviews on the TC and signals, so many other positive attributes. Suspension ajustability, center stand, heat grips. Only had TC kick in once or twice on Tar Snakes on hot days. I think the resale price would be better on the deluxe as well. BTW, I paid a lot more in Dec 14 for a slightly used red one!

5. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    Looks like there are some great deals out there!
    I don't quite get what's the fuss about the signals. I love mine. I got used to not having to cancel them so fast that every time I rode a 6th gen afterwards I would keep forgetting to turn them off.
    Traction control is calibrated on a conservative side. Whatever, just it off whenever you feel like it.