2015 VFR800F order placed, p/u next week!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Corrugated, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    Hi GatorGreg, I'm planning on the p/u to be this Friday (weather is supposed to be a high of 3 deg C. lol). Accessories should be installed by the dealer any day now...My Delkevic exhaust has just arrived at the border, should be at the house soon :)

2. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States

Absolutely.

When I really started getting into motorcycles, this was the shiznit from Honda

[​IMG]

Red has always been Honda's color, and they added the tricolor later. I grew up with the red blue and white Hondas, so they are the classic Honda colors to me. Nostalgia is powerful.

http://world.honda.com/design/colors/tricolour/
    The tricolor history

3. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Wohoo! Canadian heat wave. It's above freezing.

This has to be like the last week of school before you go on vacation. Friday is SOOOO far away.

4. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Awesome - you will love it! It's been chilly down here as well but I'm looking forward to doing some riding over the 3 day MLK weekend coming up - weatherman says highs of 78, 79, and 81 w/ only 10% chance of rain so it should be perfect riding weather - I just won't have any curves to speak of :confusion:

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Prior to getting into bikes I was six. I did have a tricycle when I was three if that counts. It was maroon and cream. If revisionist history has not replaced documented facts, Honda-san's first red gadget was not a bike, or a car. It was a tiller.

Some of the Honda race bikes were mostly red. The red was a special formulation that me and thee ain't gonna find at Wal*Mart in rattlecans no matter how much we bitch.

Colors have significant meanings to different cultures. One in particular if we are to agree the white is a color or even an absence of color and tossing in the argument that black is the same, white in the Japanese culture is associated with mourning. There is also references to white in the Japanese culture that is attributed to soybeans. Blue I suppose could be the color of rejuvenation or Smurfs or those blue slurpees at convenience stores. Not a clue what any of them mean to the North Koreans or Dennis Rodman. Red white and blue is also the color of the donald's suit, shirt and tie outfit that he favored when stumping for the rednecks. He probably has more of those outfits than Immelda Marcos had shoes.

Getting to the bottom line here bypassing all the nostalgia, hysterical/historical, psychological, paranormal and polemical, racebikes sell bikes. Red white and blue racebikes sell red white and blue street and all the rest of the Honda line. If anyone has the idea that Honda Inc. is not aware of this, then I have a red white and blue bridge for sale.

Red white and blue were also favorites of Elvis and Evel Knevel who were both harleydoods.

6. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Not sure what any of that has to do with the price of tea in china, much less trump or the North Koreans. And we all used to be six at one time. It's an almost unavoidable consequence of living until you're at least seven.

Facts remain facts, though. And Italian red being the best color for motorcycles is indisputable. Specifically Italian red, not just any ol' rattle can red. I'll happily stick my fingers in my ears and hum if you want to try and debate the topic. As such, @corrugated made the correct choice in bike and color, which is why we applaud him and hope Friday warms to at least a few degrees over predictions so he can have a little fun on the way home.

You are correct about race bikes selling street bikes. And more. How many people pay extra for a replica helmet? My helmet is no replica, but I almost always go red white and blue in homage to that RC30, which, with the early VFRs also in RWB, specifically made me want a sport bike. Nobody is going to get that I buy my helmets those colors for that reason -- I mean, it's fucking insane -- but there it is. Race bikes do influence street fashion.

7. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Imma just leave this here to show what was cool as shit when I was in Junior High:

[​IMG]

8. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Most of what you say is BS but putting that aside, Honda's Italian Red paint code is generally W157. The racebikes were a different hue in keeping with the rest of the racing program.

You'll find that even the term "Italian Red" has a generic ring to it. This can be found in any of the Sherwin-Williams umbrella paint companies and maybe even a Ferrari or two. I hate to add insult to injury but more in the sense of educating the ignorant is the goal. Another faux pas is that one can purchase a rattlecan of Italian Red from several sources probably even from some Italians but not of course, from North Koreans. We all know how they make up shit.

I would submit that there are sufficient buyers of "replica" helmets in many color combinations to warrant making them.

I cannot imagine the fashionistas among us who have the beloved W157 on their bikes wearing a helmet that did not match exactly the paint on the bike. That would be UnAmerican IMO.

Me now 26 year old Mach 1 91 was Italian red for much of its life. Damn paint faded on me to a kind of Italian pink in places.

Not a clue aboot the price of tea in China. Less of Trump would be great! Maybe he'll piss off the North Koreans too, buy a Harley and ride off into the sunset on a short pier on one of those islands just West of the Mariana Trench.

9. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    This is a pretty nice shade of Italian red I think.
    IMG_0776.JPG

10. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Honda's Italian red is decidedly NOT generic. Honda only makes ONE Italian red, and it is unique.

It's a neutral red, a touch on the blue side but not as much as you think. The magic trick to it is pearl white in the mix. Without that it doesn't have the opacity and in time it fades an orangish pink. Not much pearl, either. Like dipping the eraser of a pencil in the pearl white for a pint of paint.

Honda red... the generic color that Hondas used in the olden days on their race bikes, is just that. Generic red. Bland ol' red. Whatever. Never got a woodie over an 80s ascot or CB350 with a bland red tank or a radio flyer. Nope. They didn't come up with the best color for a motorcycle until the '90 VFR, and that is W157 Italian red.

Nobody gives a shit about the rest of what I wear. I'm fat, ugly, awkward, and ill tempered. If I matched my bike I'd just look even more douchy and obnoxious than I already am. Probably best that I dress like I picked my wardrobe in the dark and don't own a mirror, so people know to judge me solely by my motorcycle, which is the only truly good way to judge the very best people.

@gatorgreg -- That bike is not Italian red. Nor is the dress. But on that model holy shit do I not care. What a great photo!

I'll be in my bunk.

11. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Just to be pedantic, the new VFR is not 'Italian Red' it's 'Victory Red' and the R334 paint code matches the red previously used on CBR600 and Fireblade, among others.

12. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Just to reinforce your post and the color, it's the best shade of red yet from Honda on a VFR. That's why it so freekin' fast..... 25 more hp according to most dyno tests. Of course it depends on whether it's been polished recently or not.....

13. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Tends to go unrealistically pink in photos, I've found!

14. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    I own a 3rd gen and a 5th gen

15. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Obviously you've never seen a 2007 Candy Glory Red in person, in the sun. By far the best red ever sprayed on any vehicle...IMO.

And to Moose...my Victory Red 2014 definitely does NOT have any pearl in it. It is a plain old boring red, just like all the "Italian" reds out there. The color was the only thing I didn't like about the 8th gen when I got it (they only gave us 2 choices, so red won)...I hated losing that stunning Candy Glory Red from my 6th gen.

16. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Italian red was on the older generations, I guess. I've not seen an 8th gen red in person, so I got to be disappointed by that revelation. That's OK, though. It'll save me from getting a newer VFR until they've dropped to ridiculous bargain price levels in 10 years, just like the older gens.

Actually, they're ridiculous bargains now, all things considered.

And it's not Italian reds, pural. There is only one. Honda screwed the pooch going away from it. Candy is dandy, but it is definitely not the best color for a motorcycle. It's OK, though. They can all be great, even though there has to be a second place.

17. VFRJeppy1979

VFRJeppy1979 New Member

Canada
    What? I went to my dealer and was told they are discontinued. Ready to pull the trigger on a Hayabusa, but would rather have the VFR. Your dealer ordered one for you?

18. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    My local dealer had this one on their showroom floor so that's the one that I went with. I had inquired about a white model as well and it didn't seem like it would have been a problem to order that one either. I believe Honda has also released the 2016 /2017 VFR in Europe too, so still being produced from what I've seen. :) Just say no to a Hayabusa lol.
    My Friday pick up had to be delayed..still have snow / ice on my street heading into home today :(...weather should be better next week though..will be planning for take home then!

19. VFRJeppy1979

VFRJeppy1979 New Member

Canada
    Thanks for the info, I will have to inquire more assertively now that I know that there is still some availability.

20. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map

Which dealer told you the VFR is discontinued?