7th Generation needs to be re-labelled as 1st generation 1200

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Hopsterman, Nov 27, 2013.

1. cornerexit

cornerexit New Member

I could care less about the semantics. VFR1200, VFR800. The rest, I just don't give a shit I guess.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Be thankful this is not a harleydood forum. That would call for excommunication.

3. cruzmissile

cruzmissile New Member

United States
    Shamu huh.....I just sold my 2006 VFR800 so I could exclusively ride my VFR1200.
    Why, cause it rides and handles at least as well as the 800 but only with a boat load more power when wanted.

Loved my 800, but damn, that 1200 just does everything very well.

4. MPH Racing

MPH Racing New Member

Canada
    Map
    Ok so different frames and different drivelines I guess the VF500 was First Gen, the Vf 700/750 was Sec and the VF 1000 was third :blah:

5. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I did not see or know about any VF500F when I bought my first VF750F in 1983. Walked into a showroom in Toronto and it was love at first sight. Only Interceptor I knew about then. 1 st generation for sure.

The Honda VF500F (badged as "Interceptor" for the US and Canada market) is a 498 cc displacement sport motorcycle manufactured from 1984 to 1986 (Wikipedia)

6. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map

Photoshop!................................................

:potstir:

7. sheldonsl

sheldonsl New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought a V65 Sabre way back in 1986. V4 power. Shaft drive, water cooled, 6 speed trans. Super fast, awesome road bike. I wish Honda would call this VFR 1200 the newest version of the Sabre and not that horrible V twin pig they have out. So, second generation Sabre would be get my vote. P.S. I still have the 1985 Sabre and have to figure out what to do with it now that the VFR is here.

8. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

:chaingun:

9. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    The "generational thing" comes from cars when a significant upgrade or change is made. Honda cars (and many others) are referred to in generational terms. The "VFR 1200" didn't sell well at all and many dealers rolled their eyes when I asked how they were selling. There's a reason Honda dropped the 1200 and went back to the more traditional VFR product. They never have sold well either but the USA is not the only place they sell product. Bikes in general aren't selling well right now in the US. Vote.

10. nic579

nic579 New Member

I have not owned another generation of VFR so I am not biased by what the other bikes were like or not. My experience with the VFR1200f 2010 is that it is a bike built for the riding most people do on the roads they have available, not necessarily for the riding the think they do on roads they don't have access too. I did not like the heft initially and the stock fork setup was dangerous "over filled with oil or wrong weight", once corrected the bike handles excellently and the front end lack of confidence is gone even with the stock tires. The one odd thing I have noticed is when trying to loft the front end over a rise in the road the rear wheel tends hop over instead "must be the shaft".