93 750 performance mods

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Blake Williams, Feb 26, 2008.

1. PingKing

PingKing New Member

Yep...RSD does nice work. I saw a Hypermotard that he modded, the rear tire looked too big, but a cool build no doubt. He has a factory and staff at his disposal and makes huge $$$ just from screwing around. I have to make time to work on my stuff and and never be able to recoup what I have in it.

I took an old XL600, added CR inverted forks and lowered the ride height. I wanted to keep the CR at MX specs/height. 1st gen aluminum CRs made better road bikes w/different frame rake, the later ones were made for carving corners. I'll have to play w/the rear set up for street use (it'll be street legal) and see how it does.

If I want to go really fast down the back roads I can always get out the VFR.

Thanks for the info and insight, you surely have an eye for the little details.
    Thanks again for the sprocket info.
    I'll call and check teeth sizing and decide what to go with.

Gene.

2. belfie

belfie New Member

I know this is an old post but i came across it through google, if you're still looking for a solution this may help. my buddy has a 93 vfr and i have a 95 vfr. i have noticed a significant difference in power from the two bikes although not too much is different motor wise. a good way to increase the power on your 93 buy a set of carbs for the 94-97 model. they have a smaller throat and are flat slide carbs instead of round slide. this will increase the air speed pulling more gas up through the jets. It is a noticeable amount of low end torque. I get about 47mpg on my 95 with a nice mix of city and highway riding. if you can let me know what you have done to increase the power on your 93. Thanks

3. jokerindustries187

jokerindustries187 New Member

Map
    Nifty! So mostly weight reductions eh?

4. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    the only actual DIY performance mod I've found, beyond weight reduction and suspension tuning, is taking a California bike and swapping 49states cams into it.
    PAIR valve removal and snorkel? a joke

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    California model bikes, Eeeeek! I had one in NJ, what an absolute turd. Could never get it to run right.