'94 up VFR turn signals to a '90-'93 VFR

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by interceptor500, Jan 17, 2003.

1. interceptor500

interceptor500 New Member

I read somewhere that you can convert the 90-93 VFR 750 turn signals to the later (and better looking) 94-97 ambers in the tail. The bikes I'm refering to are the U.S. models, which got the ugly D.O.T. remote turn signals in the rear, and not the ones in the bodywork, like the 94-97 got. How do you do this? Anyone done it? ???

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I modified the turn signals on my '91 as described. Its been years since the swap, so the details are a bit fuzzy, but here is what I remember. Buy the amber lenses, the socket bases for the lights sockets are already in place in the tail piece. Simply remove the brackets holding the turn signal stalks and re-route the wiring and sockets in the tail piece to the new lenses. I don't recall whether I had to disconnect the wiring to remove the wires from the brackets, but that is easily enough done at the quick connects and fishing the wires thru. I've been very satisfied - the tail section looks a lot cleaner, and the turn signals do not interfere with luggage, etc. Good luck.