95' vfr hp and speed improvements

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Guest, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 95' vfr. I am looking for some speed and horsepower improvements. I have already put k&n filters in it and it has twin two-brothers slip-ons on it also. Is there anything else that I can do without getting into expensive motorwork? I looked into a power commander and the website suggested against it because then I would have to rejet the carbs and apparently rejetting this particular year causes performance problems, something with the slip-ons also. I would appreciate some advice or maybe directing me to someone who can help. thanks a lot.

RYAN ???

2. spencerl

spencerl New Member

Darren

You have a good question. It sounds like you have tried the easiest upgrades.

I'm not that familiar with the V-4, but you possibly change the gearing (sprockets front and/or rear) that is relatively easy and reversible, but you would have a trade off (quicker p/up time would sacrifice top speed and mileage, and visa versa)

Good Luck

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Ryan

As above, sounds like you've done all the obvious. If you're looking to further increase hp then it's usually the wilder cams/big bore route but if you want to go faster then the next improvement people tend to go for is uprating the suspension/brakes. As a performance upgrade, stopping quicker (ie in a shorter space) is every bit as good as going faster. Often overlooked is some form of advanced training. Few of us use the full potential of our bikes (can open, worms everywhere :eek:) or maybe that's just me.

HTH

elv